[Client App, Discontinued] WaniKani for Android

This project has been discontinued. Please check out Kakumei, a reboot of this app by @mrothberg37.

Get the app on the Play Store!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.xip.wanikani

Source code:
https://github.com/xiprox/WaniKani-for-Android

23 Likes

2 Likes

BUGS

Please create new "issues" for the bugs you come across on Github. 

Aaaaaaah that looks awesome!

I must say it looks really good. Can’t wait to try it out!

1 Like

Looks really good, I’m going to try it out!

Thanks and sorry for the wait. It’s all up to Google, though. I clicked “publish” and am waiting for the app to appear. :P

Just as I finished building it, the Play store link started working.

1 Like

It really looks great. It seems that the internal browser is not working though.
I’d really like a search function, considering I currently use the browser for that, despite having the other WK app installed.

The UI is amazing though, it looks fantastic.

Nice! It looks great on my phone!

have you thought about putting in on the Amazon app store?

This looks really nice. I’m gonna try it out now :slight_smile:
 Actually, never mind. My phone seems to be so terrible I can’t even open the App Store without it crashing

Does it have some kind of Ignore Answer-button?

Best Regards,
Chorizo-Fingers

ilvrbts said... have you thought about putting in on the Amazon app store?
I just checked to see how things are and I'm getting an internal server error. Will check again once I get home on my desktop pc.

Kusoka said... Does it have some kind of Ignore Answer-button?

Best Regards,
Chorizo-Fingers
 There are no add-ons, extensions or scripts of any kind. At least for now...
sackboy97 said... It really looks great. It seems that the internal browser is not working though. I'd really like a search function, considering I currently use the browser for that, despite having the other WK app installed.

The UI is amazing though, it looks fantastic.

Not working as in not working properly for reviews (readings go messed up as you write and sometimes you can’t delete
) or nothing at all?

@xip It’s working now, so it was probably a problem on my end.

1 Like

It looks great. It’s pretty hard to create an Android app with such a color scheme but in this case (at least looking at attached screenshots) you have done an excellent work. I will install it and write more feedback later.

sackboy97 said... @xip It's working now, so it was probably a problem on my end.
Oh, great to hear :D 
ppablo28 said... It looks great. It's pretty hard to create an Android app with such a color scheme but in this case (at least looking at attached screenshots) you have done an excellent work. I will install it and write more feedback later.
Thanks! I had some trouble trying to figure out how to get the action bar that way. It turned out nice in the end though..

can someone do this for IOS

1 Like

This looks really nice, great job. I can’t believe you made this even though you’re only on level 6. That’s dedication!
The WK Mobile app, although not supported by its developer anymore, still works and I personally really need some of the userscripts that it supports, so it would be great if you had support for those! I might actually contribute to this in the future. I wanted to have a look at Android dev at some point anyway and your code seems nice and clean.