Anki 2 addon to import all your burned items

I made this Anki addon to address the following issue: /t/I-dont-like-burning-items/1590

Check it out here: https://bitbucket.org/ideka/wkcrab
IT IS NOT FINISHED; make sure to read the TODO section for more information before dowloading. I plan to finish it for myself sooner or later, but if there is enough interest, I’ll probably do it sooner.

Does this duplicate the functionality of the addon here?

If you manage this, I will personally high-five you. Not having to re-do Wani-kani out of a compulsory need to know everything would be appreciate.

enharrin said... Does this duplicate the functionality of the addon here?
Not exactly, though they work similarly... wanikani2anki saves both the kunyomi and onyomi of kanji, while wkcrab only saves the "important reading"; also wanikani2anki imports only kanji and vocab, while wkcrab imports radicals as well; finally wkcrab only imports burned items because, well, that's the whole point.
Also wanikani2anki gives you the option to create backwards cards (like, they show you a word in english and you have to recall its japanese reading/writing)... wkcrab doesn't do this for you, but you can do it yourself if you want (and no, you don't have to do it once for each item, just once for all radicals, once for all kanji and once for all vocab; Anki is smart enough to do the rest of the work for you).

Absolutionz said... If you manage this, I will personally high-five you. Not having to re-do Wani-kani out of a compulsory need to know everything would be appreciate.
 Haha OK :).
Gera said...
enharrin said... Does this duplicate the functionality of the addon here?
Not exactly, though they work similarly... wanikani2anki saves both the kunyomi and onyomi of kanji, while wkcrab only saves the "important reading"; also wanikani2anki imports only kanji and vocab, while wkcrab imports radicals as well; finally wkcrab only imports burned items because, well, that's the whole point.
Also wanikani2anki gives you the option to create backwards cards (like, they show you a word in english and you have to recall its japanese reading/writing)... wkcrab doesn't do this for you, but you can do it yourself if you want (and no, you don't have to do it once for each item, just once for all radicals, once for all kanji and once for all vocab; Anki is smart enough to do the rest of the wor for you).
 Awesome, thanks! I hadn't felt the need to supplement my WK training yet (I haven't burned anything, nor have I been motivated to do reverse studying yet). But I'm glad to know the difference between these two for when I do start using Anki again. =)