📚📚 Read every day challenge - Winter 2023 ☃❄

:snowflake: Day 35, 4th of February :snowflake:

:open_book: Back to my Home Post

It’s another Kiki day! I stopped at a point where two really difficult sentences were making my life hell, but this time I decided to not bother trying to understand what is said exactly and I understood so much more! I’ll do some more summaries below to keep track of my understanding of the text.

And no spoilers please! If I didn’t get something I’ll try again on another read-through.

So the sentence last time with the many plants was just talking about how many different plants are planted in this garden, and how there is a nice smell wafting all throughout.

Next there is a bronze (did i remember that vocab correctly?) pot in the kitchen, from which the strongest smell emits.

Something about there being pictures and photographs on the living room wall, but I was missing a lot of vocab here so didn’t get the rest.

The voices of the family can be heard coming from the living room, and it seems it’s tea time.

The mother says something, but I have no idea what.
Kiki: “That story again… I’m alright. I’m my mothers daughter. I’m a kleine Hexe (cute how hashikure is also used for Schnipsel). I’ve thought about it really seriously.”

The father says something along the line of it being no use when Kiki has made up her mind.

Next the mother says something about worrying, but I see that there are a lot of vocab I’m not familiar with, so I think I’ll stop here and reread it later.

And that’s one whole page (plus the two others I reread today) of Kiki! Three more and I’ll be done with the first chapter. I really underestimated how many words I need to learn upfront. I suppose I’m glad I’m learning them in order of appearance and not frequency, that would take even longer.

23 Likes