๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ“š Read every day challenge - Winter 2022 โ˜ƒโ„

Oh, that was a funny one :grin: So how did you figure it out? I had no idea what it was all about when I played it in English, so I googled it (with results being much to my surprise). I guess if I were playing it in Japanese, my first instinct would probably be to look it up in a variety of dictionaries, to no avail, and then Iโ€™d either leave it alone in frustration (I think they explain it in the end if you pick it?) or, indeed, google it. Iโ€™m wondering what Japanese people do when they come across itโ€ฆ

Summary post

February 9 update:
Read chapter 16 of ใ‚ˆใคใฐใจ๏ผ today. It focused on Asagi again, giving some insight into her weird relationship with her mother. Not sure where this is all going, but I feel like the Asagi arc might be over for now.

This chapter was about ่Šฑ็ซ. Until today I understood ่Šฑ็ซ as fireworks in the typical sense of the word, i.e. the stuff that shoots up into the sky and blows up, often in fancy patterns (and this is what comes up when googling it), but apparently this word covers a much wider variety of things, such as sparklers and some weird devices that I couldnโ€™t recognize. Which makes sense, since all of them have to do with fire :sweat_smile:

19 Likes