三ツ星カラーズ — Week 2 Discussion (ABBC)

Hi everyone! I’m back with a lot of questions. Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1. Page 8 4th panel: さっちゃん saysこうやって猫の目線になることで. I translated this as “ I can become able to see from the cat’s point of view by this way Sounds a bit off to me :face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2. Page 10 3rd panel: 一度してみた かったの これ . Does the sentence mean Try it one more time and I’ll do this? I have no idea what かった means here and の is probably the particle that acts like the noun in this sentence???

3. Page 10 4th panel, there is a sentence called そんな風に歪んじゃうんでしょ!does this sentence mean In that manner, she is being bent too much, right? Why is 歪む conjugated to become じゃうん in this sentence?

4. Page 10 5th panel, the sentence is ゲームに害があるみたいに言わないで, and then in the 6th panel of page 10, 琴葉 continues by saying 私は元からこうなの!My translation of this sentence is “ I never said games had an evil influence on me, I was already like this originally does my translation make the cut?

5. Also, in the 6th panel of page 10, who says 余計にダメじゃん。” You are even more hopeless

6. In the 2nd panel of page 12, there are two sentences that I’m not quite sure of.

1. おう カラーズちゃんどおだ. “ Oh, it’s Colours, you came What does どおだ mean here?
    2)アジトで見つけたのとおんなじだ “ The one that I found in our hideout is the same is this translation correct?
  1. In the 3rd panel in page 12, 琴葉 says パンダみたいな猫に盗まれなかったか?Is it translated as “ Can these (glasses) catch a panda-like cat I’m not very sure if 盗まれる is in the potential or passive form and why it is conjugated to the past negative なかった form

2. In the 3rd panel of page 12, there is also another sentence made by おやじ and it is そうなんだよ まったく困った猫だぜがっはっは I translated this as “ That’s right! An entirely annoying cat (can be caught)Haha Is がっはっは a sound and ぜ a masculine ending particle that sometimes appear in よつばと?

3. In the 2nd panel of page 13, I have 2 questions.
    1)それでこの子もアジトを住処にしてるんじゃないかって 琴葉が!I translated this sentence as “ Also, this car has been dwelling in our hideout, right, Kotoha! I have no idea why じゃないかって is used here and why Kotoha has to mention her name again (she is the one speaking right?)

2)そしたらまんまとその通り待ちぶせて Does this sentence mean “ And, just like that, it was waiting for the right time to ambush

1. In the 4th panel of page 12, could someone check my translation
    “俺に預けるとその猫はこの街になるんだ 見たことこお前に懐いてるみたいだし 悪さしないよう しつけてやれ” “ If I entrust you with the cat, it’ll no longer be needed in this town. It looks attached to you ever since meeting you guys. Don’t teach it mischievous manners.”
7 Likes