Script Compatibility Changelog v1.0.0 and v0.7.0

The v0.7.0 change wasn’t autopublished so including it here.
Just as a heads up there are more planned changes on queues to handle large numbers of reviews better.

v1.0.0
Compatibility Mode Off: Marked as a major change, in case there are scripts that rely on the specific review queue updates.

• activeQueue in jStorage will no longer have extra null items. For example if there are only 8 items left, it will be an array of length 8 instead of 10 with 2 items null.
  • arrays are updated using slice() instead of push() and pop()

v0.7.0
Compatibility Mode Off: Under lessons, the additional information panels have been redone in React. There are minor markup and visual differences.

5 Likes

“minor” markup difference is a bit of an understatement. It will probably take a while to adapt my WaniKani Item Info Injector library script to this change (not that I’m complaining – after all, this script was primarily created in preparation for the transition to React). It’s just a bit regrettable that the IDs for the sections (item-info-reading-mnemonic, note-reading, etc.) are gone. As a workaround, I will probably have to use the <h2> content to identify the sections and hope that no other userscript inserts a section with the same heading.

2 Likes

When I use @rfindley WK Double Check script I now get a message “Some userscripts might cause reviews to not work properly”. I have never touched this setting before, should I be concerned?

I suspect they’re just trying to let people know to try out the compatibility mode if you have problems, since they are currently making changes to the review section.

Ok, I didn’t change the settings (left it off) and did my reviews and everything appears to behave properly. :slight_smile:

I did notice in the Double-Check thread you mentioned it is not compatible with compatible mode on?

It may not have been compatible at the time. I just hadn’t tested it.

Gotcha, thank you for getting back and letting me know! :+1:

@WaniKaniJavi I just noticed another difference on the lesson page – in the “Meaning” tab of kanji items, “Synonyms” is not in a separate column anymore:

Before

After

Is this change intentional? I did not see it mentioned in the changelog and it seems like a bug (because for vocab lessons, “Synonyms” is still in a separate column), but I’m not sure.

2 Likes

Yep, that was a bug. We found it and it should be fixed up — the same thing was happening on the vocabulary meanings page.

One new(ish) behavior: if there aren’t any synonyms, we don’t render that section. For vocabulary, that doesn’t mean any changes, but kanji will drop back to a single column layout.

2 Likes

Next bug report: The line breaks in the mnemonics are gone in the new version:

Before

After

1 Like

Alrighty, the paragraphs are “restored”, in that they’re actually paragraphs now, instead of double <br /> tags. We also have single line breaks in there, even though there aren’t that many in the content.

Let us know if there’s anything else that dropped off the radar for formatting — we thought we caught it all, but obviously missed a couple things.

1 Like