よつばと! Volume 15 (Yotsuba&! Reading Club)

Join the よつばと! Reading Club!

よつばと! Volume 15 (Chapters 98-104) Discussion Thread

Current Chapter: 104

Reading Schedule

Start Date Reading Jump To Discussion
May 8 Chapter 98 link
May 15 Chapter 99 link
May 22 Chapter 100 link
May 29 Chapter 101 link
June 5 Chapter 102 link
June 12 Chapter 103 link
June 19 Chapter 104 link

Reminders for Discussion:

1. Feel free to discuss grammar, vocabulary, comprehension questions, as well as interesting plot or character development.
  2. Include references (page, panel, character speech bubble, etc.) so that others can help you.
  3. We’re all here to learn and read together, so share your thoughts and ask questions!

Resources

• Jisho : An online dictionary with words by Wanikani level, radical search, etc.
  • Romaji Desu : An online dictionary that allows you to look up by romaji, even for conjugated verbs.
6 Likes

Chapter 98

Finally!

Participation

• I’m reading along!
  • I already read this chapter in advance.
  • I plan to read this chapter in the future.
  • I’m too busy stalking Toyger to read.

0 voters

1 Like

May we have a clicky clicky? (participation poll)

2 Likes

Added!

(Wasn’t certain if you wanted volume-level or chapter-level participation polling, so we get weekly =D)

1 Like

Weekly is more fun, and people can show if they are able to keep up =)
(PS last option made me chuckle :rofl: )

1 Like

All done! Is it just me, or is Yotsuba getting more eloquent?

Why’s it called “socks”, though? A pair of socks appears in a single panel, sure, but…

1 Like

Perhaps it’s gotten cold enough that they are wearing socks inside, rather than being barefoot.

1 Like

Alright! Time to read. :open_book: :socks:

Am I losing it or did I already read this chapter recently… :eyes:

Signs point to, I am losing it… .-.

Alright, my memories end after he gives the 重大発表.

Nice callback.

image image

(With all the reading clubs and such, I feel like I know all the chapters by heart by now. :sweat_smile:
This also means that I can’t tell if a chapter was early on or is one of the last ones we read.)

Alright, that was short and sweet.

4 Likes

Chapter 99

I love the atmosphere of indoor shopping malls.

Participation

• I’m reading along!
  • I already read this chapter in advance.
  • I plan to read this chapter in the future.
  • I’m still looking for a pair of socks so I can read the last chapter.

0 voters

2 Likes
Is this the ミロ Yotsuba speaks of?

Screenshot_20210514_162603

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the stuff. I’m surprised they have in in Japan. (Also, we pronounce it マイロ, so it confused me for a bit.) That said, when have we ever seen Yotsuba drinking it? They could always put the milo in the banana juice if they wanted. It’s just pureed banana, after all.

How did Yanda get himself invited along to this shopping trip?

Oh, wait. She suggests adding milo on the omake page.

So what are the world’s second- and third-best drinks?

3 Likes

After a week of telling myself that I should start reading Yotsuba, I have finally started to read Yotsuba! xD Why am I like this

Honestly, I have never related to Yanda more than when he complains about having to wash the freaking blender, that’s exactly why I never used mine until recently xD BUT then I learned that you can put water and dish soap into the blender, and blend it, and it cleans itself :o This was a life-changing discovery. Now I drink smoothies for breakfast daily, clean it like that right after, and just throw it in the dishwasher for a deeper clean every time I need to run the dishwasher (which is like…every 4-ish days).
True stories from windupbird’s life, everyone. Thrilling stuff.

I really want to try バナナジュース now though. I think I may need to do an experiment the next time I get groceries :eyes: It sounds yum

4 Likes

I thought you were memeing…

You forgot this chapter?

1 Like

Oh, yes, indeed. Seamless.

TL Note.-

ONEECHAN: AN HONORIFIC SUFFIX USED TO REFER TO AN OLDER SISTER OR AN UNRELATED YOUNG WOMAN WHO IS OLDER THAN THE SPEAKER.

Alright! Time to read. :open_book: :banana:

@ChristopherFritz Remember to update the current chapter and reading schedule. :slight_smile:

ばれた… :joy:

だました… :rofl:

やった! :relaxed:

1 Like

Wait, you mean I have to do actual work?

2 Likes

Your link is off by 1. :eyes:

1 Like

I had to make sure you were paying attention.

(Joking aside, thanks for the comments on it! I actually do quite appreciate it.)