5 Minutes for 6 Days 1140 reviews: A log

2021 Week 29
Day 3
Noticed this with the userscript… I won’t be going past Level 12 anytime soon :wink:

I’m reading @jprspereira 's Ultimate Guide to Wanikani and downloading lots of scripts as part of a change in approach from last time. Now I realize that some of Bunpro’s features are directly inspired by these Wanikani community userscripts.

I ran out of bookmarks marking all the scripts XD

4 Likes

Just bookmark my guide :stuck_out_tongue: The scripts are all together on chapter 7.

Looking forward to see those reviews going down :slight_smile:

5 Likes

2021 Week 29
Day 4

and another review session
burning kanji feels good~ I’m surprised I still know them lol

also, found an old post where I used to be shocked at Level 12… hahaha not anymore
https://community.wanikani.com/t/level-12-im-starting-to-feel-the-pain-tt/13271

3 Likes

2021 Week 29
Day 5

today was oof XD

and was configuring Flaming Durtles

4 Likes

Flaming Durtles is great! I use it exclusively for reviews (Anki mode) and lessons now, in an emulator.
Keep it up!

1 Like

2021 Week 29
Day 6

Aha
Aha… XD
On the bright side I’m officially sub 1100 now

Burning items does feel good~

I saw this WK post on leeches and then I remembered I should also do Kamesame eventually if I want to be able to recall kanji from memory, not just from recognition.

EEEEEE

I got the extensions from the Ultimate Guide, not sure if I should worry about leeches… What I’ve been doing is studying what I got wrong and keeping it simple like that.

At the very minimum, I’m working on strengthening the consistency of the current five minutes, six days setup.

3 Likes

Great to see you in the WK forums~

Thank you so much for your support on the Bunpro forums and I appreciate your support here as well~

I’m getting the hang of it [Flaming Durtles], it’s really quite impressive and now that I’m actually getting out of the house more, it’s super useful to do reviews throughout the day!

2 Likes

Keep it up man! Looks like we are in the same place with slightly different issues!

2 Likes

Aye~ I just commented on your leeches post! We can do this! ヾ(•ω•`)o

2 Likes

Not until you get your queue back in order and the SRS is kicking back in. Until then, even identifying a leech will be difficult.

3 Likes

2021 Week 30
Day 1? 2?

I’m back with another post!
Nearly forgot today, but Cold Turkey has been turning the tide on distractions for me, so now whenever I’m bored, I study some Wanikani on Flaming Durtles.

It’s great to be burning items that I thought I had forgotten but that long-term memory was like I gotchu

Turns out even four years ago my max streak was only seven (the above chart’s starting date is July 20, 2021), so I’m excited!

4 Likes

2021 Week 30
Day 3

Feels good to see those burned items~

Still on my way to making the Japanese study habit stronger… it’s still kind of everywhere, not even that close to the ideal 9 AM, 1 PM, 9 PM cycle

4 Likes

2021 Week 30
Day 4

When I arrived today for my reviews this is what I saw XDDD

I also got this badge:

And I’ve been enjoying playing Google Doodle Champion Island in Japanese.
I’ve already beat it like 8 times, all the levels, hidden levels and side quests.

Pleasantly surprised to see how much I can understand, especially with N4 grammar under my belt.

I didn’t forget about kamesame lol

3 Likes

2021 Week 31
Day 1
どもども!

Super inspired by @bakugames 's similar but super fast journey to 0 reviews.

I’ve arranged for two of my four part time positions to wrap up by August 13, 2021, and I hope to gain enough time to plow through as much of my remaining reviews before August 22, 2021.

Flaming Durtles has been wonderful to me, and so have the Bunpro reading passages. Kamesame is just… kinda an afterthought rn :wink: Not today

1 Like

2021 Week 31
Day 2

2 Likes

2021 Week 31
Day 3

1 Like

2021 Week 31
Day 4

An aside: I got the same achievement for my two posts on the Most Liked Thread XD

I’m beginning to think I should use Bish Bash Bosh to review the ones I got wrong… I’m barely hanging on to my schedule and this habit though

Had an in-grown toe nail removed today :upside_down_face:and realizing there’s too much I want to do and not enough time to do it all in so I have to choose the most important and urgent of them…

1 Like

I know it’s another thing to do, but if the extra investment now means it will prevent the items from becoming leeches, then the time payoff will come into effect quite quickly.

I’ve not had an ingrown toenail, but have had a nail avulsion so can possibly relate to the discomfort of constantly having the pressure of your body weight on a very sore toe - hope the surgery heals quickly and that your powers of concentration increase as the pain abates.

1 Like

I would never do Kamesame or similar until my WK (and Bunpro) reviews are 0. But that may be just me :wink: but it really runs into the risk of falling off and amassing a bigger pile again.
Keep up the reviews! :muscle:

3 Likes

2021 Week 31
Day 6
Hey y’all…

I took a huge bite out of my reviews because I had Frozen Turkey activate on my computer and I set it so I couldn’t access social media or YouTube or even the forums.

I didn’t really want to sleep… so I just cranked out a 100 review session.

Here are the results

The oof here is that some of these reviews are coming back for me (even though that’s how SRS works)

The great thing is that we’re sub 1000!!

Should I do Bish Bash Bosh before or after my reviews?
  • Before
  • After

0 voters

2 Likes