暁のヨナ (Akatsuki no Yona) Book Club Home Thread

anyv1

Where to Purchase

physical: amazon japan | cdjapan
digital: bookwalker | ebookjapan

Above links will direct you to the first volume.

Schedule

start date volume discussion status
mar 15 第1巻 finished
apr 26 第2巻 finished
jun 7 第3巻 finished
jun 27 第4~current巻 ongoing

Misc

Members
  • +1

0 voters

Vocab Sheet

8 Likes

tenor310

I have wanted to start the AkaYona club for the longest time…but couldn’t due to my time commitments. Now, I have no more excuses.

My dear friend @beari I will join you in the journey :grin: :metal:

2 Likes

Nice to have you on board! And that is a fabulous gif :heart:

1 Like

I am up to date on the English version so hopefully that will eliminate some difficulty for me. I will try hard not to turn this into a fan thread :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not sure if you have plans. We have a discord channel for readings in Book Clubs.

@yukinet san If beari san agrees to add, would it be ok to add AkaYona as a new one in the Discord server. (The one where you are reading Haikyuu on weekends)

1 Like

Thanks for the relevant tag Yuki san.

I didn’t realize Sean san created it. I generally only read the Haikyuu part of the conversations, so I could be easily mistaken.

1 Like

If the group officially decides to do a read-aloud, ping me again here or on Discord and I’ll add a role and channel. I only add a role and channel after a read-aloud has been decided with a set schedule.

2 Likes

Thanks Sean san. If we decide to go that route, we will tag you. (Exploring all options at the moment.)

2 Likes

I’ve read it in English, too! Let’s try not to spoil anything for everyone, though.

I’ve put up a poll in the OP about read aloud sessions. If there’s interest, we can talk about days and times.

1 Like

Why do people make you have to vote to see results? :sob: I like to see the results of all the polls. :sweat_smile:

(P.S. It’s good practice in include a “No” option, because it’s not possible to unvote in case you vote by mistake or change your mind.)

5 Likes

I just thought it’d be nice to not be influenced by the results before voting for that one, but I guess it’s a moot point if you can just change your vote huh :thinking:

It’s strange how we can change our votes but can’t unvote :anguished: I’ll add no options when I get home~

1 Like

You can’t edit poll options unless it’s been less than five minutes since you created the post. Just keep it in mind for next time. :slight_smile:

People (including me) keep trying to get the Discourse devs to add an unvote feature, but apparently they are struggling with how to design the feature visually.

1 Like

Visually? As in, not code design but the actual look? I feel like a simple “retract vote” button should suffice, no?

1 Like

Yeah, visually. They didn’t like that for some reason. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

What the hell? How long has this feature request been going on? It’s not like Discourse has the most intuitive interface ever, just simply letting click their vote again to remove it should suffice… at least until they think of a better option. Do you have a link to the discussion thread?

Probably don’t want to derail this thread anymore, so maybe just edit an answer above or ping me somewhere.

1 Like

This’ll be my last reply on the issue so we don’t derail the thread more.

1 Like

Whelp - we’re derailed.

train

Just kidding - we’re keeping on going! Bonus points because I’m actually on a train right now…fingers crossed we don’t jinx our safety.

1 Like

When I see a whole lot of “Yes” votes

tenor320

Tension takai na…

1 Like

New poll! See first post :eyes:

1 Like

What are your guys’ experience with this story? Have you watched the anime or read the manga in English? I’m curious :eyes:

Jiro, you said that you’re up to date with the English version and so am I. Some of you in the other thread said you have watched the anime. Basically, I wanna know how hardcore of a fan I can be in this thread lol

2 Likes

I haven’t read or watched it before, and know nothing! Hopefully everyone will be good with their spoiler hiding. :grin:

3 Likes