Level 60! (+ the rumored cake)

y07i2h02dog21

First things first, in case you were in doubt:

A cake for everyone at work (The person who wrote 火 did their best).

It’s been a long journey but worth every second. I’m very grateful for WaniKani, I really think without making studies a habit, resolution falls short soon even when you do have motivation. WaniKani’s “All you need to do is come here and do reviews” is spot on.

531 days. As you can see, it got a bit bumpy towards the end. My progress isn’t the fastest, but I had to deal with a full time job that requires a lot of mental energy. I never missed a review day though (except for two small vacations I took). Actually, I’d say it would have been very detracting if I moved any faster. Don’t try to match the fast levelers, move at your own pace!

I want to emphasize that adopting a schedule that suits you, and a backup schedule for when things get a bit intense, is the most important thing you can do. Other than that, @jprspereira’s excellent thread says it all.

Next, of course, I’m going to hang out here for a very long time to come. I love this community and everyone in it! But I’ll finally be able to schedule a bit more time with each passing day to actually reading the mountains of books I’ve collected :sweat:

I’ve also recently joined the reading clubs (curated here by @seanblue: Master List of Book Clubs). If you haven’t yet, be sure to check them out.

Also, on the dev side of things, in the time since I started I worked on a couple of tools (here, and niai). I have a couple more ideas as well that I’m hoping to start developing soon, if I do get the time.

That’s all. :cake:

58 Likes

Wow congratulations!! Enjoy that cake!! :clap: :cake:

8 Likes

I’m always amazed by your consistency. Good work!

9 Likes

OMG YOU ACTUALLY GOT A CAKE LOL :cake:

I mean, glad the cake was delivered safely! :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Congratulations! 9 days for average is very very solid, you should be proud of it :wink: Not everyone that goes full speed has a job after all :b

You mentioned reading. Any ideas of what you’ll read? :grin:

14 Likes

Thanks everyone! @Kumirei Thank you :relaxed:

I mean, glad the cake was delivered safely!

Y-Yeah. I’m glad as well. :eyes:

I’ve been reading 魔女の宅急便 alone lately (got all 6 volumes but still on vol 1), and キノの旅 with the reading club. But I have bought way, way too much in the last year I don’t even know where to begin. But I’ll be sticking with 魔女の宅急便 for my intensive reading time for a while since it’s not as hard as the others. Eventually, I would love to be able to read ReZero without having to pull my hair out though (also have all the volumes), and some classic literature too, I have some of those.

6 Likes

Taihen%20yoku%20dekimashita

8 Likes

Edit: somehow I replied to the wrong person

6 Likes

Don’t worry, I approve the Silicon Valley gif.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

How’d you get the calendar of days studied and average daily reviews?

Congratulations!! :confetti_ball::tada::tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

wue4QtxncWuE8

AAAAAAAA Congratulations on your great achievement!!! :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles: That’s one lovely looking cake! <3

3 Likes

https://www.wkstats.com + [Userscript] Wanikani Heatmap

2 Likes

You DID IT!!!

Now comes the hard part:

And also:

3 Likes

Am just passing by to salute you, my friend and senpai,
おめでとう!

28%20PM

Thanks for pushing me into this world

And I must tell you guys,
THE CAKE IS REAL AND IT TASTES REALLY GOOD * ^ *

Hopefully, I’ll be here in a year sharing my cake, being level 7 right now
28%20PM

8 Likes

img

2 Likes

Congrats! That’s a nice looking cake. I wish Koichi-senpai would notice me and finally give me my cake

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.