[Userscript]: Reorder Ultimate 2 [newest]

Wanikani Reorder Ultimate 2 (2019-2023)

:warning: This is a third-party script/app and is not created by the WaniKani team. By using this, you understand that it can stop working at any time or be discontinued indefinitely.

[ General Script Installation instructions ] :point_left: You’ll need a script host plugin like TamperMonkey
[ Open Framework Installation ]
[ Download / Install “Reorder Ultimate” ] ← Now maintained by @sirati97

This is (currently) the latest version of Reorder Ultimate 2.

This version is modified to work with Wanikani’s APIv2 and to work without script compatibility mode that now is no longer available.
This new thread is intended to help people find the working version of the script.

Full credit to @xMunch for the original script [old thread]

Configuration

Click on the image below to zoom in:

Usage

Drag to reorder:
https://community.wanikani.com/uploads/short-url/sHYTMFqxYHxNqVKy2lJI8HdypM6.gif
The left-most items will appear earlier in your review stack

Right click to remove:
https://community.wanikani.com/uploads/short-url/x6P9gyGvtXCOgZrCsjsPDwkk2hZ.gif
Right clicking the elements will remove the related items from the queue. If you’re doing reviews a new review will be started when you finish everything that was not removed.

Sorting priorities
Each option individually is pretty self-explanatory, but when both level and type sorting are active it will break the review into levels then sort the levels by type. Example 7[radical, kanji, vocabulary], 8[radical, kanji, vocabulary], etc…
Note from sirati: I have added the option to also sort by SRS level. Currently if SRS sorting is active it is always taking priority. It is a ToDo to make this configurable.

When you move on to your next review question it will only select an item in the group with priority.
(If you’re doing level 15 kanji it will only select a random level 15 kanji for your next question, until there is no more of that group).
Elements will be hidden when there is no more of that item left.

Blur Borders:
If you sort by all three categories some items might by unique or nearly unique for all these conditions. If you reorder while you are reviewing such items it is like randomly picking one marble out of a bag that only contains that one marble - with other words it is not actually random.
Blur Borders fixes this by always shuffling the top 20 items regardless of their sorting priority. Importantly these are always the same 20 items so reordering multiple times will only show you out of these top 20 items.

Currently the button 2 is a hotkey for reshuffling. this is disabled for cards that contain any english answer that contains the number 2 as a character

Known Bugs

Disabling 1x1 mode does not yield not getting 121 cards

92 Likes

The top-post is a wiki now, so if anyone wants to update or improve the instructions, go for it!
I mostly pasted the content from the old thread.

8 Likes

Thank you thank you tank yooouuuu
I needed that so very much

3 Likes

Wow that was fast!
Thanks for being understanding with the noobs :smiley:
It’s pretty complicated to get up to speed on everything there is to know/understand about WK but you guys are a great help!
And this script is invaluable!
Maybe @jprspereira you could update the link in your ultimate guide, which is where I found the link to this script :wink:

2 Likes

Done, thanks for thinking about the Guide :heart:

4 Likes

Does this help script help avoid seeing a question twice in a row? (as in you get the question wrong and then you see it again immediately after). Or would that be a different script?

1 Like

No, it actually ends up slightly increasing the probability of getting an item twice in a row.

Its purpose is to give you items in an order that you select, sorted by type (radical, kanji, vocab) and/or level, and optionally grouping reading and meaning together.

2 Likes

I just added this script to The New and Improved List of API and Third Party Apps under Reviews & Lessons after Reorder Ultimate by xMunch. Feel free to update this wiki list.

@rfindley Thanks for creating this thread! I had to use a separate pinned note on my Google Keep to save this reorder ultimate 2 link :sob:

3 Likes

Okay, thanks!

15 Likes

Neither the script author nor I are maintaining this script, but if you (or anyone) are willing to fix it, I can either post an update to GreasyFork, or you can re-host on your own GF account and update the link in the wiki.

Doesn’t really need to be fixed, I just thought it would be fun to show people here too, heh

2 Likes

I’ve also noticed that sometimes you can’t drag an item to the left-most position.

I… er… this thread is not a wiki. Only the first post is.

But thanks for updating Reorder!

1 Like

This is the best script, thank you!
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

hey i had a break from wanikani and have now an immenese amount of reviews. is it possible that this broke the script, i cannot order by level and i also cannot see the levels of the vocab.

there is no error displayed in the console, but i could be wrong as i recently switched to firefox

I think this is the only working version of the script, and has been for quite a while. This thread is only new because people kept trying to install old versions.

If sorting isn’t working, have you tilted the scales on the left and right to specify the sort priority? See the instructions image in the top-post.

Are you using Greasemonkey? It doesn’t work anymore

1 Like

Also, Open Framework is required, and must be configured to run first. See the instructions in the top-post.

I am using tampermonkey, and everything else works. I have used the same installation before and it worked. Also you script works. Just levels are completely non existent. Where ever you would see information regarding levels it’s just missing

Sent via t.me/gmailbot