3月のライオン (March Comes in Like a Lion) Book Club🦁🤓

Totally agree with Redglare here. Also, the cats’ commentaries add so much charm too :joy: I love them

2 Likes

I love your left handed emoji, FYI

3 Likes

It’s week 2 of the Book Club!
The discussion will stay in the same place.

3 Likes

It’s Week 3 of the Book Club!
The discussion can be found here.

If you haven’t already, don’t forget to watch this thread, so you get updates :sweat_smile:

I am currently unable to update the reading schedule with a link to this week’s discussion thread. Does anyone have advice for me on resolving this issue? I get this error:
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 8.06.00 PM

Sometimes Discourse forgets the category when you edit a page. If you set it again (at the top, next to the title), you can save it.

1 Like

Happy holiday season!

It’s week 4! We’re reading just one chapter–chapter 16.
Discussion is here.

The formatting is messed up, but the link still works, right? I am able to click on it, anyway

I have no idea why the formatting is weird. The link looks like it should work just fine. (Week 3 is fine, and it looks the same as week 3)

Happy New Year!

Another light week: Just Chapter 17. Discussion here.

1 Like

We’re reading chapters 18 and 19 this week, and the discussion is in the same place as last week.

There’s only one week after this, so I have a couple of questions for y’all.

Do you want to continue?
  • Yes, I’d like to continue, but I want to go back to one chapter per week.
  • Yes, I’d like to continue at the pace of 1-2 chapters per week.
  • Yes, I’d like to continue, at a pace of 2-3 chapters per week.
  • Yes, I’d like to continue, and the pace is not important to me.
  • No, 2 books was enough for me.

0 voters

Do we need the vocabulary sheet?
  • Yes, I refer to the vocabulary sheet!
  • No, I never look at the vocabulary sheet.

0 voters

Hello!

Welcome to the last week of Volume 2!
The discussion for chapters 20 and 21 are here.

I’ve already posted the beginnings of a schedule for volume 3, up in the first post in this thread. I’ve kept it at 1-2 chapters, although there is only one 1-chapter week this time.

Since at least a couple of other people use the vocabulary sheet, I will keep maintaining it. Thank you to whoever helps me fill it out! I always hope that more people will notice that this book club exists, and will find the vocabulary sheets helpful for catching up to us.
I notice at least one person sometimes adds Shougi vocabulary, and I wanted to remind you that I put together a sheet of the shougi vocabulary terms that are most necessary for following the game play in the book.

5 Likes

Hello, Everyone!

We are officially beginning Volume 3 today!

Here’s the link to the new [vocabulary sheet], which is now properly in “anyone can edit” mode. (March Comes in Like a Lion Volume 3 - Google Sheets).

Here’s the link to the discussion for the first 2 chapters.

4 Likes

It looks like the vocab sheet is in only read mode?

1 Like

Hi y’all! It’s week 2 of Book 3! The discussion page is here.

1 Like

Hi, everyone!

It’s week 3 of book 3. The discussion page is here.

If you’ve recently joined this book club, or are thinking of joining, please bookmark this page, so you get announcements.

Happy Day-After-Valentines Day! Did anyone celebrate it?

The discussion page for week 4 is here. The end of the book is only a few weeks away, so it’s poll time!

• I will be continuing to read this manga with the club past book 3.
  • I’m dropping this series after book 3.
  • I want to join the book club, but I haven’t read any yet.

0 voters

1 Like

Sorry I’m late for week 5 admin!

Back to deadline crunching…

Hi, y’all!

It’s the last week of Book 3, and the discussion for the final chapters is here.

Interest in this book club seems to have dwindled a bit, and I’m in a Japanese studying slump myself, so I’m going to run this “book club” a little more laissez faire style from here on out: I just created a single thread for discussion of the remaining volumes, to read at your own pace. I’ll throw a poll in there every once in a while to see if anyone is still around. I won’t be maintaining schedules or vocabulary spreadsheets, but feel free to jump in and do that if you love them.

I am maybe super excited about the release of volume 16, which is supposed to happen soon.

Is anyone interested in zooming through the rest of the volumes to be ready for a scheduled book club for volume 16?
  • Yes, I could be ready by the end of March.
  • No, I’d rather just read at my own pace.
  • I’m dropping this series.
  • You didn’t predict my answer, so I’m checking this one, instead.

0 voters

I would love to be ready for the new volume, but I’m just not prepared to zoom through fifteen volumes yet (I’ve been in a “studying slump,” as you put it).

I still plan on buying the next volume from Bookwalker when it is released, but I don’t know when I’ll get to it. :sob:

Thank you so much for keeping the “book club” going. I hope to finally get around to reading and commenting soon!

1 Like

久しぶりです!
I’ve just finished volume 4. Is anyone else still reading?