25 dollars and Japanese to learn

I just got 25 dollars. What are the bets resources I can get in that price range? Ebook preferably

Pirate everything, pocket the money.

16 Likes

I sense sarcasm in your response

If you are looking to practice your reading skills, Iā€™d get this

You can buy the first three volumes together for 9.99 USD

2 Likes

It can be sarcasm, but I can be a real answer as well.

Not saying pirating is good, but thatā€™s up to the person in the end.

EDIT: Seeing that you yourself are the OP, you can buy later when you can get more money if you donā€™t feel pirating to be fair game (because of course it isnā€™t).

Pirating is fair in some cases, I would say. Like I wouldnā€™t feel the slightest bit of guilt pirating Photoshop or any of Adobeā€™s bullshit monthly subscription services.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Iā€™m not seeing an option to buy the first three together

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747ND2VK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1501004315&sr=1-1&linkCode=sl1&tag=lexicaglobal-20&linkId=18fe07a98522d934c132f75ff62b1f7f

I should mention that Iā€™m primarily going to be reading on PC. I have Calibre, which I think lets you read ibooks and stuffā€¦

do you know if Iā€™ll be able to access the kindle ebook on my PC?

You sure can, thereā€™s a PC version of the Kindle reader.

EDIT: BTW you can get the entire first volume for free on the first link I gave you, if you wanna try the book before actually buying the bundle.

1 Like

You can read all kindle books on PC to my knowlege. Thereā€™s an app for that.

Also, I like Tae Kimā€™s book, I was able to borrow it free, but the ebook is 10 bucks. Itā€™s short and sweet but I like the layout.

thank you. Iā€™ll try it with Calibre too. So itā€™s just example sentences? Does it have an answer key?

I thought all of Tae Kimā€™s stuff was available on his page for free?

It is but I struggle to get through it, I donā€™t know what it is about his site, but if youā€™re happy with it best of luck to you. I might try those graded readers that @BK-201 mentioned, myself.

Iā€™d really recommend trying the free version of the first volume so you understand how the book works. It starts with simple sentences and then builds up the more kanji you know. Every ā€œexerciseā€ with corresponding readings and references to most frequently used grammar resources like Genki.

2 Likes

Sign up for Scribd and download their Japanese books from the docs section. You can cancel before the trial subscription ends. Genki I and II are available there. Japanese Particles in Action is also on sale for $5 at the Tofugu store.

2 Likes

I bought particles in action last night :stuck_out_tongue: also, good advice

1 Like

can I download the ebook from Amazon as just a file? The only option it has is ā€œDeliver to Kindle Cloud readerā€