2100 KaniWani reviews

I was just lurking but the speed you did this was insane! Great job

3 Likes

2 Likes

are you already level 25? your forum badge still says 24. (you can fix that by logging out and in of forums)
at this rate i may need to do 6 days 23 hours levels to catch up :smiley:
just leveled up to 24 btw (=

2 Likes

Ah congrats! :smiley:
Yeah I noticed that it said 23 when I was already 24 tooā€¦ Logged out then. Iā€™ll do it again!
Sorry for making you think you could beat me :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:
(Iā€™m joking ofcourse)

1 Like

Haha, weā€™ll see, weā€™ll see! Maybe something interesting will happen in your real life, like you become chief SRS advisor at WK, and youā€™ll miss your reviews, and then iā€™ll catch up :smiling_imp: :grin:
č² ć‘ćŖ恄悈ļ¼:grin:

1 Like

Hahaha!! Yeah who knows! Maybe Iā€™ll visit Japan and Iā€™m too busy there with reading all the kanji everywhere and completely forget about my reviews :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Okay back to KaniWani!

3 Likes

Did another 617 reviews (total 3238 since Sunday)

4 Likes

Man I just nearly gave up for today when I noticed my review accuracy slipping and still having 80 items left (after already doing 304 over the course of the day).

But your ridiculous review numbers have inspired me! 80 Reviews is literally nothing! Back to the pile I go

2 Likes

aha! i knew you couldnā€™t do 1700 KW reviews and keep up with WK on the same day :smiling_imp:
but since 617 reviews is nothing for you, no worries i guess :grin:
good job on catching up again!

btw i like the new topic title :grin:

btw how far are you on Bunpro? Iā€™m lvl 38, 69% of N4 (coincidence, i swear).

(using JLPT Percentage script)
My progress there is rather slow, because even without doing lessons i easily get 50+ reviews per day,
and iā€™d rather get 0/0 on WK before doing too many new lessons on Bunpro.

2 Likes

You can do it!! Indeed, 80 is nothing!! Iā€™m glad to have inspired you :smiley:

1 Like

Haha I did keep it up, it was 0/0 on the day I did the most KW. But yesterday I got to level 25 and had a bunch of new lessons. But I was a bit sick of it and very VERY sore after the session with the physical therapist.

Now I have these waiting:

This is my BunPro progress:

I found out they have a dark theme, thanks to you!! :smiley: Thanks!!

I used to do one study session each day. But it got a bit out of a hand. Thereā€™s room for new grammar though! But the kanji I donā€™t know is adding a bit up and I have to update my Excel. I paste in it what I did wrong, so I can have a quick overview of what I do wrong often. After I update that, Iā€™m doing a selfstudy of the apprentice items with the self study script.

I hate lessons in KaniWani, my score is so incredibly low when I first do English to Japanese. Iā€™ll let you know how it works out :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Could be worse :stuck_out_tongue:

Lessons are done!

3 Likes

Another 55 (I know, itā€™s nothing compared to 940)

3 Likes

every review counts, more so 55 :slight_smile: especially after you just did a bunch of lessons.
with these youā€™ll get many more reviews soon though.

I really hope you donā€™t burn out! Maybe you should go easier on yourself sometimes and stop after 2 hours of reviewing or something? at least take a break? ^^
of course, if you can take it, you learn insanely fast (=

iā€™ve been sick for a few days, so iā€™m happy to just stay on 0 reviews for WK and Bunpro for now.
though i think i can get a few more lessons in today (=

2 Likes

Oh no! I hope you get well soonā€¦

Well after that insane amount of KW reviews, I could burn out. But the worst is behind me, so Iā€™ll just get going :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, itā€™s nothing, just a little cold, already getting better :slight_smile:
Well, i meant it more generally, that i hope you donā€™t burn out in the long run if you continue this workload for weeks and months. But you seem to be quite dedicated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah good, so you didnā€™t need any 喉飓ļ¼Ÿ :stuck_out_tongue:
I decided some time ago that I need to finish what I start. And I just need to commit to stuff, no matter what my motivation is. Once you start doubting your motivation, youā€™re getting in a discussion with yourself and you start making up excuses why you shouldnā€™t do stuff. If that makes any sense.
I decided to get to level 60 as fast as possible, with doing all the vocab, doing KW and doing as much BunPro as feels sane. Thatā€™s what I decided, so Iā€™ll just do as much as I can so it doesnā€™t get harder and harder. Probably sounds easier than it is, but something just clicked.

1 Like

nope, no 喉飓. btw i love the word throat lozenge, haha.

i have a bit of a similar motivation, i also started and quit a lot of things.
Actually i only stopped learning japanese because i thought learning Kanji was almost impossible,
and the way they are taught in classes (just memorize all readings and meanings) is frustrating.
(I did a couple semesters of Japanese in college)
Now I feel like if i just follow this path of study, reaching my goal is only a question of time.

Also, ironically, learning Japanese is giving me the feeling that iā€™m making progress every day,
which sometimes i used to get from video games (though i never played any MMO excessively for long). And now iā€™ve hardly played any games in months, because i feel like if iā€™m awake enough to play a video game, i may as well learn Japanese, haha.
Itā€™s not that i donā€™t like my job, but the progress there isnā€™t relevant or interesting to me on a personal level. When iā€™m retired, Japanese is what iā€™ll continue enjoying.

Ahh I feel ya!
I did Japanese at uni a lot of years agoā€¦ It was my major, as you would call it. But I sucked and I had no idea who I was or what I wanted. Iā€™m interested in a lot of things. I managed to get half the points I was supposed to get in a year, but in 3 years. After only a month of WK, KW and BunProā€¦ I learned more than in uni :') Totally agree, learning kanji without mnemonics and other perks of this system, is a complete disaster. Itā€™s already more than 10 years ago, jeesh. And still mixed up the on-yomi of the most basic kanji.
Fun fact, I did a small course of Chinese during my study. You can guess it was disaster haha.

Totally get what youā€™re saying on feeling like youā€™re making progress.
My job isnā€™t relevant enough either. Learning stuff is an actual acomplishment.
And the feeling when you really decide to commitā€¦ Itā€™s wonderful. I have so many unfinished projects in my life. I could wait till I get 100% motivated for something. That I would feel happy to do it every day. But letā€™s be honest, thatā€™s never going to happen. If you wait for that, you just end up with a bunch of unfinished projects and thus wasted time. Well, you already know what I mean lol.

2 Likes