That’s what I ended up doing, actually.
That’s kinda hard to say. I don’t know why 本好き got me so much, but I couldn’t put it down, and just kept reading whenever I had the occasion. In comparison, everything I have been reading in recent years has been kinda meh (or worse).
With that in mind, and just going one order of magnitude lower, I guess some of my favorite series have been:
- 薬屋のひとりごと (some problematic “romance” but otherwise nice)
- 裏世界ピクニック (I liked it a lot, but only 6 volumes published so far and it takes years between volumes)
- ビブリア古書堂の事件手帖 (Nothing negative to say except that it was maybe a bit slow?)
- 天冥の標 (I like it, but each book is separated by a time skip in the scale of centuries, so it’s hard to remain involved; I don’t care that you are the descendent of whatever character I liked, you are a different character)
- かくりよの宿飯 七 あやかしお宿の勝負めし (50%+ is just cooking)
- わたしの幸せな結婚 (it’s pretty dark at time, can’t really binge, also only 5 volumes published)
There are more stuff, like 獣の奏者, 新世界より, or 君の膵臓をたべたい, but I guess they only reached the “I liked it” level, rather than being my favorite.
Checking that list, I see that there’s a lot of light novels in there. In fact, except for 天冥の標, it’s exclusively light novels… I guess the lower requirement on brain capacity does help.
I really hope to find something that I can enjoy just as much as 本好き one day…