[2024] 多読/extensive reading challenge

no i’ve had enough of this, maybe read another volume once in a while. i’m either thinking すべてがfになる or ようこそう力持ちの教室へ or kiki.

5 Likes

Didn’t you have a long master list of things to read? Or am I confusing people again?

2 Likes

you know what i’m making a poll

what i should i read next
  • go back to 本好き
  • go back to 蜘蛛ですが
  • start ようこそう力持ちの教室へ
  • start すべてがfなになる
  • start 魔女の宅急便

0 voters

3 Likes

in retrospect it wasn’t a good idea
not that i wasted a lot of time compiling it

I’m just UGHM reordering it a bit

2 Likes

I voted for すべてがFになる because I want to read it myself at some point, and I’m curious to hear what you think.

4 Likes

that’s a good reason :laughing:

2 Likes

i’ve been meaning to read/watch it since 2015. looking back i have no idea how or why i haven’t already

It looks like it has a chance for the next round of the advanced book club! Maybe I’ll read it with the book club if it wins. I’ve seen and enjoyed the drama, so I’ve also been wanting to read it for a while.

4 Likes

it seems to always(out two polls) finish second or third. guess i’ll read it with the club if it wins

(not that i didn’t already vote for it)

2 Likes

Funnily enough 私の推しは悪役令嬢 is probably actually the book that at least makes the most sense to have in that category out of those four :laughing: (well, at least out of the three I’ve read any of)

4 Likes

Do you mean ようこそ実力至上主義の教室へ?

1 Like

It would seem so

Ok, just wanted to be sure. I have the first book, but I don’t have time to read it right now. I’ll be interested to read your impression of the book if you read it.

1 Like

Finished up 風の道しるべ last night (three days early!) and decided to pick 京都寺町三条のホームズ as my next book (I’ll be keeping you posted, @MissDagger!) It’ll be my first time reading an ebook at my own pace, so I’m not totally sure how to pace myself…I guess overall percentage is probably my best bet. It only has five chapters so that won’t do.

Likewise, and the idea of a full-length book by 恒川光太郎 is very very appealing considering how much I’ve enjoyed his short stories so far. Ultimately I went with ホームズ because I somehow convinced myself it was very important to buy the ebook right away rather than waiting, so I feel almost obligated to prioritize it. This one is coming next though, mark my words!

10 Likes

Well, volume 10 of ハメフラ is finally out! I even missed the release date…
Stupid things have been happening in my life and I had barely done any reading this week anyway. Good thing I do not care about my stats.

5 Likes

@Aislin Ooh, are you enjoying it as much as I am? :eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know how much you’re enjoying it, but I’m loving it a lot :heartbeat: :rooster:

1 Like

Oh that’s why the earlier arcs are on sale as well, something I have been waiting for for ages. Although only 100 yen off :frowning:. Maybe it’s still my queue to buy vol 2. I was gonna order a physical copy later with some other books, but still not sure.

EDIT: Also I remember talking about the “reborn as vending machine isekai”, which is also on sale for 1000 yen for 3 volumes.

5 Likes

It’s like they’re not even trying anymore. What’s next? Reborn as a wristwatch? Reborn as a tree?

8 Likes

It’s not an isekai, but this actually already exists(well, I guess it’s technically a plant and not a tree)

(it’s a book about someone being reborn as a decorative plant in her sister’s room)

13 Likes