[2024] 多読/extensive reading challenge

I just finished 天冥の標 2, and boy that took me a long time. I won’t comment too much about the content since I already ranted about it in the other thread starting here so I won’t repeat myself.
Instead, I think I can give more data about my reading speed with the book. At top speed, I was going at 30 pages an hour, which felt really slow, but at the same time the pages are crammed with text, using a small font. Even when there was dialogue, the lines where mostly full. Also, in practice, I would often pause in my reading to think about the content. More than once I went “wait what”.

On a completely unrelated note, I did like that characters could get in a relationship, break up, get in a different relationship, have one night stands and so on. That always feel more realistic and interesting. Then again, it’s hard to talk about realism in a book that involves aliens spreading a deadly virus for the lulz and an AI that injected itself into the genome of sheep in hope that someone would sequence it and run it with the wrong program just so that it could unzip itself and take over the Internet stealthily. Oops looks like I repeated myself anyway.

7 Likes