[2024] 多読/extensive reading challenge

I finished the second book in the 魔女の宅急便 series yesterday. Over a month after my last one but I actually only spent a week reading it. The rest of my time was focussed on other projects. :sweat_smile:

Usual stats 📊

Total time spent = 14.9 hours
Audiobook length (for comparison) = 7.9 hours
Speed vs audiobook = 0.53
Speed for last book read (魔女の宅急便(1)) = 0.46

Didn’t make as much progress on reading speed throughout the book as a I did last time but still improving, so I’m happy with that. I’m hoping to be at, maybe, 0.75 x audiobook speed by the end of the series. :crossed_fingers:

Book review (no spoilers) 📖

I thought the story would get kind of tired after the first book because I imagined it would be more of the same. And the content and narrative structure was largely the same but I didn’t get bored with it. Maybe I have a soft spot for coming of age stories but it’s just so charming. There’s some more mature themes introduced in this book (minor spoilers) (depression, death) which aren’t super heavy (it’s still a children’s book after all) but I thought were interesting to explore.

I have started reading 魔女の宅急便(3)as my next book. Kind of exciting to watch Kiki age. I wonder when she’ll reach my age (if ever). :thinking:

10 Likes