Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: セーラー服と機関銃

青春ブタ野郎はバニーガール先輩の夢を見ない

Summary

In Japanese:

Summary

――ねえ、キスしよっか。そう言って僕をからかってきた彼女は、しばらくして僕の前から消えてしまった。 図書館にバニーガールは棲息していない。その常識を覆し、梓川咲太は野生のバニーガールに出会った。しかも彼女はただのバニーではない。咲太の高校の上級生にして、活動休止中の人気タレント桜島麻衣先輩だったのだ。数日前から彼女の姿が“周囲の人間に見えない”という事象が起こり、図書館でその検証をしていたという。咲太は麻衣に協力する名目で彼女とお近づきになるが――? 海と空に囲まれた町で、僕と彼女の恋にまつわる物語が始まる。

In English(I’m too lazy to write something myself, this is copied from tvtropes):

Summary

Sakuta Azusagawa’s life takes a turn for the unexpected when he meets teenage actress Mai Sakurajima after she wanders into a public library while dressed in a bunny suit and realizes only he can see her. Mai admits she has taken a hiatus from her acting duties and has been attempting to live a normal life, but people are unable to see her, except for Sakuta, who is no stranger to this phenomenon, which he calls “Adolescence Syndrome”.

Availability

Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.jp/青春ブタ野郎はバニーガール先輩の夢を見ない-電撃文庫-鴨志田-一/dp/4048664875/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1547978035&sr=1-4&keywords=青春ブタヤロウ
ebook(also on kindle): 無料まんが・試し読みが豊富!電子書籍をお得に買うならebookjapan

Personal Opinion

To be honest, I mostly want to read this because of the anime. Quite a bit was supposedly cut out, so I figured it’d be nice to read the actual book. It also seems to have gotten fairly good reviews on Amazon, so it seems like at least some people think it’s a good book too. Beyond that, it also has both romance and some supernatural stuff, two things I tend to like in books.

Pros and Cons for the Book Club

Pros

• Not the kind of story the title made me think it would be
  • Has a vocab list on floflo
  • Has some furigana

Cons

• Really long at 360 pages(but very precisely 350 if you don’t count the pictures!)

Pictures

First Three Pages of Chapter One

Summary

Additional Pages

Summary

Difficulty Poll

How much effort would you need to read this book?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Just right
  • Challenging
  • Impossible, even with everyone’s help
  • I don’t know (please click this if you’re not voting seriously)

0 voters

1 Like