🔊 Listen Every Day Challenge - Spring 2024 🌸 🌈

Randomness from Jira (again)

Rewatching some of Roland’s vlogs without English subs for listening practice. :kissing_smiling_eyes: I also got the idea that if I was sleepy but wanted to do some light practice I could watch Japanese ASMR instead of ASMR in English so I’m gonna try that when I go to sleep, We’ll see if I retain anything :sob:.

8 Likes

My internet seems to be behaving again after being flippant for awhile
I say as my internet disconnects twice while writing this

…that should hopefully mean I can start listening regularly again; will do as I did last time and listen on weekdays, found that was a lot more helpful then listening every day. So today’s video is:

About visiting a Buddhist temple.

8 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 2

4月9日 (火)

Rebuild #381 (1:29-2:42)

YUYU, the latest episode

5 Likes

:headphones: Home post // April 9 :cherry_blossom: :rainbow:

Watched Spy x Fam S2 ep 2.

7 Likes

:cherry_blossom: :teapot: Home Post and thread

4月9日火曜日

:jar: The Jam Maker on Satori Reader, episodes 24 to 27.

:man_swimming: Free, 2 episodes with french subtitles.
Then, I finished the rest of season 2 but I can’t count the last episodes as listening practice as I was frequently distracted.
I nearly cried at the end, this anime is so sweet… :two_hearts: Can’t wait to see season 3.

6 Likes

2024-04-09

:previous_track_button: Previous | :house: Home post | Next :next_track_button:

Date Name Type Amount Time
2024-04-09 :earth_asia: Log Horizon :tv: Anime :arrow_forward: 2 episodes
:vhs: 20-21
:hourglass: 0h50m

So as it turns out, one disadvantage of these 24-26 episode anime is it makes the update threads feel a sense of… repetitiveness.

The ending of Log Horizon season 1 always catches me off guard. It’s like the big finale is in episode 20, and then it’s like “Oh… we have 5 more episodes, shove another arc in”.

7 Likes

Week 1 update for the Spring Listening Challenge

April 1 - 7

I’ve been able to listen everyday but minimal reading the last few days because of a busy weekend. What I listened to this week:

• 4 episodes of Comprehensible Beginner Japanese
  • 4 episodes of Nihongo con Teppei
  • 3 episodes of Chill Spanish Listening Practice
  • 3 epsiodes of Money Heist

6 out of 7 days in Japanese
5 out of 7 days in Spanish

9 Likes

They know how to keep the cliffhangers going though!
ZUUUUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOOO

ZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTOOOOOOOOOOO

anyway, anybody have recommendations for a beginner-level conversational podcast? I specifically want two people talking together. My ideal would be like a language learner and a native speaker lol.

4 Likes

is this it?

it does seem pretty hard to track down

3 Likes

YES THAT’S IT! It gets stuck in my head all the time. :sob:

1 Like

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 2

4月10日 (水)

Rebuild #381 (2:42-3:15 end)

Daily brief x1

Tried out 赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う。 (0-0:16/8:43), which is free in in Audible subscription. I haven’t bought the text, but maybe no need.

5 Likes

4月10日水曜日

:woman_teacher: Weekly Italki lesson.
The dialogs were tricky today. We’re studying how to ask for an itinerary and I keep confusing 乗る and 降りる when said out loud :confused:
Next week, we’ll have an other free talk. I have to choose a topic and for now, I have too many ideas.

7 Likes

:headphones: Home post // April 10 :cherry_blossom: :rainbow:

Watched Spy x Fam S2 ep 3.

7 Likes

2024-04-10

2024-04-10 :earth_asia: Log Horizon :tv: Anime :arrow_forward: 2 episodes
:vhs: 22-23

The penultimate day for Log Horizon season 1 today, so after tomorrow will need to find my next listening practice.

Today’s episode is actually the one my header image on my study log is from, as Minori tears through paperwork.

8 Likes

Internet didn’t want to cooperate yesterday, and today it’s been on and off but at least I managed to get a vid in, this one:

About staying in a traditional Japanese building! I’m glad there was Japanese subtitles because that guy spoke real fast.

Also meant to say last time but thanks to @hotdogsuplex for hosting the listening again and keeping these threads going!

7 Likes

2024-04-11

2024-04-11 :earth_asia: Log Horizon :tv: Anime :white_check_mark: 2 episodes
:vhs: 24-25

Finished out Log Horizon season 1 today. It feels nice to go through something relatively smoothly that 6 months ago was taking me like a week of analysis and lookups and per sentence translations per episode. It’s not quite the same sense of triumph that finally finishing the first bookworm novel was, largely because it did go so smoothly by the time I’ve attempted it, while bookworm was still a lot of work, but I’m glad to have one less undone project :slight_smile:

9 Likes

<< Prev

Q2 of 2024 | Week 2

4月11日 (木)

Daily brief x1

Rebuild #382 (0-0:44)

赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う。 (0:16-0:30/8:43)

6 Likes

:headphones: Home post // April 11 :cherry_blossom: :rainbow:

Got home real late. Actually wanted to watch HaruSara apex training sessions, but our good boy Kanae had an outfit reveal so I watched that instead. It’s crazy how many new memberships and superchats (money and support) they receive on such occasions.

9 Likes

i’m so looking forward to getting to your stage. I really want to be able to follow the author’s other work MaouMaoyuusha

3 Likes

4月11日木曜日

:mag: Collar x Malice.

I began a new visual novel yesterday. Beautiful and intriguing so far. A policewoman is targeted by a terrorist organization, and a detective agency full of eccentrics offers to help her.

7 Likes