🏔 ❄️ サバイバル・ゲーム 極寒の雪山を脱出せよ ❄ 🏔 Escape from the cold and snowy mountains [In Progress!]

I’ll pretend the start date shifting is all part of the plan to provide an authentic feeling of disorientation at the start of a survival adventure :no_mouth:

2 Likes

<< Previous Stage

Welcome to Stage B of :snowflake: :mountain_snow: 極寒の雪山 Escape :grey_exclamation: :mountain_snow: :snowflake:

We come to our senses and realise… we’ve been hit by another disaster :hushed: Note to self, if we get out of this, we really must choose a different tour operator in South America. We manage to regroup (for the most part, we are expecting @macalys is warming up somewhere and will heroically catch up again). Just when we catch our breath, what’s this?! It’s gotten dark and windy, we need to find somewhere to take shelter :dash: Is it a 吹雪 (ふぶき)? Better be safe than sorry. See you at :seven::grey_exclamation::exclamation:

Participation

Stage is open until all votes are in or up to a week until July 15th!

Are you joining Stage B?
  • I’m joining live, reading along - see you at the decision point!
  • I will catch up later - don’t wait for me
  • I’m exploring solo - don’t wait for me
  • I’m watching :eyes:
0 voters

Stage B decision point

Where should we go next?
  • Go to scene 38
  • Go to scene 28
0 voters

Next stage >>

1 Like
decision

Hmmmm… If we go to the grove of trees, maybe we can build a fire with the wood? But there might be animals in there like a puma :cat: I also think that building a shelter might take too long, so maybe getting warm faster by going right to the boulder would be better.

2 Likes

Hmmm. I think I want to get out of the wind for now. If the wind is that strong, we’re more exposed among the trees. It’s also hard to start a fire in strong wind.

3 Likes
decision

I am also thinking the grove is better in some ways, but time doesn’t seem to be on our side, so I’m also preferring the boulders for now.

3 Likes
decision

Boulder - I also don’t want to make extra effort when not needed. Also the boulder may protect more from other things coming from above such as avalanches?

4 Likes
decision

I agree with everyone! I don’t really think now’s a good time to go to the woods :flushed:

2 Likes

<< Previous Stage

Welcome to Stage C of :snowflake: :mountain_snow: 極寒の雪山 Escape :grey_exclamation: :mountain_snow: :snowflake:

Yikes, with the snow storm approaching it’s time to take shelter. Our options are limited and this storm has come up fast. Let’s get to the closest out cropping of boulders and wait it out. We lost @SpiderWeb in the shuffle but left a trail. Let’s hope everyone makes it to :three::eight::grey_exclamation:

Participation

Stage is open until all votes are in or up to a week until July 23rd, so get your votes in by the 22nd!

Are you joining Stage C?
  • I’m joining live, reading along - see you at the decision point!
  • I will catch up later - don’t wait for me
  • I’m exploring solo - don’t wait for me
  • I’m watching :eyes:
0 voters

Stage C decision point

Where should we go next?
  • Go to scene 37
  • Go to scene 5
0 voters
1 Like
decision

We survived the storm! Yay! But it sounds like we’re struggeling with the thin air at the high altitude. I think it might be better to find a way down the mountain.

1 Like

ごめん for missing stage B this time. I think I’ll be able to keep up for the rest of the club though.

decision

It really sounds like we got the mountain sickness from being too high up, I’m just not sure from reading page 16’s hint what to do about that. I guess it makes sense to go down but going down too quick could be bad too if we lose our footing or something while we’re lightheaded. Running in place could help but the note about mountain sickness also said you end up having strange behavior and then dying so that might not be our best bet.

Down the mountain we go!

2 Likes

That’s OK life happens! And I could use it as added drama in the blizzard scene hehe

decision

Yeah, I’m a little confused about the choices here. We’re trying to escape the mountains, after all, so it seems like going down would be good no matter what. Hopefully it’ll help our altitude sickness too…

1 Like
decision

totally mountain sickness - no way but to go down in this case. I wonder if the previous choice going down to the trees would have been a faster outcome :wink:

1 Like