This is an unofficial Android application for WaniKani.
I started this project half a year ago, but never had the time to continue development until last week. This application is still early progress, but has the following features:
- Do reviews with auto-popup software keyboard (at least for me, the software keyboard never showed up automatically in the browser)
- Notifications for new lessons and reviews
- Recently Unlocked List (click on list item redirects to WaniKani Vocabulary/Kanji/Radical info page)
- Critical Items List (also redirects to WaniKani)
There are still many things on my TODO list, but right now I think it is stable enough for doing some reviews
It was tested on a Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.
Current version: 0.4
Changes since version 0.3:
- Reviews: fixed backspace (again). but now all keyboards should work
- Reviews: it is now possible to look up last session performance (no reset anymore)
- Reviews: data is refreshed automatically when review count changes
- Dashboard: added radical/kanji progress bars for current level
- should fix app crash reported by Pixie and RoxyGet
- Settings: automatically show information for reviews if available (multiple meanings, correct answer etc.)
- Reviews: show always keyboard (you can now get the next review with enter)
- General: added refresh button (refreshes data from WaniKani)
- Reviews: pressing back button redirects now to dashboard instead of closing app
- Reviews: backspace is working again, but dictionary suggestions from the keyboard are broken (I’m not sure if I can fix that since the backspace issue is a bug in the stock Android browser).
- Notifications: review notification is removed if clicked
- Settings: disable bold fonts for review items (I prefer not bold Kanji, but that depends on the font used)
- Settings: skip correct reviews and immediately request next review if no additional info is displayed (multiple meanings etc.)
If you have any suggestions or bug reports please let me know!