霧のむこうのふしぎな町 ・ Mysterious Town Beyond the Mist (BBC) 🌬 🏘

I’ve been so busy with 獣の奏者 that I haven’t had time to finish the last chapter and a half I have left. You guys might catch up before I know it!

4 Likes

First week of chapter 6:

This is the first of our two slightly shorter weeks, so enjoy :wink:

7 Likes

Oh no now I’m behind again!

1 Like

Hey don’t worry, if no one else, I appreciate the chance to practice reading as much as possible (though I sometimes despair whether I’ll persevere 'till the end).
Before I said I’m fine with doing chapter 6 in one week, but then I got sick and couldn’t read. So even the splitting of ch6 worked out great! …for me, at least.

4 Likes

Heads-up in case anybody tracking this thread doesn’t have the BBC thread tracked - we’re now voting on our next pick!

5 Likes

Final part of chapter 6, our relief chapter :wink: shortest reading since week 2, although we’re only back up to 10 pages next week.

3 Likes

I say I say I say, what’s this I’m about to learn…

:eyes:

8 Likes

Level 47… I know that book was too hard for a mere low leveler like me :wink:

While I would say that the experience of knowing about 1/3 of each level’s kanji before I get there because of my reading experience has made the WaniKani process substantially more enjoyable ever since I started :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Whaaaaaat, we’re at chapter 7?!

Note that we’re stopping at the natural break point on page 165.

So it’s closer to 9.5 pages tbh - another week that’s not so long.

8 Likes

I finally finished the book after weeks of procrastinating. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Heh, in the end we’re only about three weeks behind you :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve also decided to finish the book early, which I did today. I must say I liked the book better with every chapter! Early on, I was not too fond of it and thought about dropping the book, but now I’m glad I stuck to it. :blush:

6 Likes

It was fine for a kids book. I think I liked 魔女の宅急便 better, though it’s a bit hard to compare since my Japanese level was so different between the two.

2 Likes

Last half of chapter 7 this week:

we’re getting close

4 Likes

O

M

G

Last chapter?!

6 Likes

Last frikkin week!

I read like everything apart from the very last page of last week :scream: and totally forgot to ask any of my questions… :cry: I will be so ridiculously sad if I finish this late after managing to keep on top of it for so long.

12 Likes

There is something I’ve wanted to ask all along. Maybe it’s about time! :thinking: How would you translate めちゃくちゃ通り?

It’s
めちゃくちゃ - absurd or nonsensical
通り - street, road, avenue (as a suffix)

So I’d probably go with Absurd Alley or something…

1 Like

めちゃくちゃ has a meaning closer to “messed up” in this context. (Looking up your link, it’s meaning number 3 on jisho).
So “messed up street”?

3 Likes