霧のむこうのふしぎな町 ・ Mysterious Town Beyond the Mist (BBC) 🌬 🏘

You can still have an opinion though :wink: like if it won’t help you catch up anyway, maybe you want the book club to finish quicker so we can move on to the next pick… or you think people need all the extra time they can get…

@Cassini :stuck_out_tongue: thanks for the typo catch :ok_hand:

About chapter 6… my idea was to read at my own pace (4 e-book pages a day), which will, with Flying Witch reading, mean some 町 reading will spill over into week 13. But that’s fine, as I have some free days with my current schedule anyways.

1 Like

Eh… this is totally unhelpful :sweat_smile: I think I’m gonna say that we should do it over two weeks, because it seems clear that our current pace is already pushing it for many people, and there are a few people who might be able to catch up / will otherwise fall behind.

I’m not jazzed that this will push the total time to 18 weeks though… Sorry for nominating such a long book :bowing_man:

どうしよう :sob:

8 Likes

yeah shame on you for challenging everyone :stuck_out_tongue: haha

sheepishly saying this as I barely started ch3…tehehehe

3 Likes

We are (just over!) halfway through :confetti_ball:

This week we’re starting chapter 5:

From this chapter onwards the page counts are a little lower than they have been, so we’re past the most intensive part of the book. がんばって!

8 Likes

Final half of chapter 5:

This is our shortest week of reading since chapter 1 :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been so busy with 獣の奏者 that I haven’t had time to finish the last chapter and a half I have left. You guys might catch up before I know it!

4 Likes

First week of chapter 6:

This is the first of our two slightly shorter weeks, so enjoy :wink:

7 Likes

Oh no now I’m behind again!

1 Like

Hey don’t worry, if no one else, I appreciate the chance to practice reading as much as possible (though I sometimes despair whether I’ll persevere 'till the end).
Before I said I’m fine with doing chapter 6 in one week, but then I got sick and couldn’t read. So even the splitting of ch6 worked out great! …for me, at least.

4 Likes

Heads-up in case anybody tracking this thread doesn’t have the BBC thread tracked - we’re now voting on our next pick!

5 Likes

Final part of chapter 6, our relief chapter :wink: shortest reading since week 2, although we’re only back up to 10 pages next week.

3 Likes

I say I say I say, what’s this I’m about to learn…

:eyes:

8 Likes

Level 47… I know that book was too hard for a mere low leveler like me :wink:

While I would say that the experience of knowing about 1/3 of each level’s kanji before I get there because of my reading experience has made the WaniKani process substantially more enjoyable ever since I started :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Whaaaaaat, we’re at chapter 7?!

Note that we’re stopping at the natural break point on page 165.

So it’s closer to 9.5 pages tbh - another week that’s not so long.

8 Likes

I finally finished the book after weeks of procrastinating. :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Heh, in the end we’re only about three weeks behind you :wink:

5 Likes

I’ve also decided to finish the book early, which I did today. I must say I liked the book better with every chapter! Early on, I was not too fond of it and thought about dropping the book, but now I’m glad I stuck to it. :blush:

6 Likes

It was fine for a kids book. I think I liked 魔女の宅急便 better, though it’s a bit hard to compare since my Japanese level was so different between the two.

2 Likes