銭天堂 | Week 3 Discussion

This is really late but I finally started reading and finished the first chapter, i’m enjoying it!
Seems like its going to be a new story each chapter, episode-like? I liked how in the end Mayumi became a pro swimmer :joy:

Also a big thanks to the people who made the vocab list, most words I didn’t know were there.

6 Likes

Yaaaay, I’m really glad to see someone new reading this :blush: yep, each chapter is like a mini story in its own right. Enjoy, and feel free to ask new questions if yours aren’t already answered in the threads!

2 Likes

Thanks, will do!

I actually did buy the book in time to read with the book club but I was biting off more than I could chew at the time. I had rushed past grammar but left behind vocab and kanji, but now I am more than ready and its a good feeling to see how my reading speed is improving so much!

3 Likes

I just finished the first story - with the help of this fabulous vocab sheet reading was like a breeze :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
One can concentrate on and enjoy the story more if one doesn’t have to type all these unknown words into a dictionary ^^. I wouldn’t be able to explain all the grammar that is happening, but I was able to understand what was going on without any problems.

As you already mentioned, I also liked the partial furigana - this is great practice! - and I noticed that I definitely rely on furigana too much.
Looking forward to the next chapter!

2 Likes

Just finished the first story within a few days. What a fun read. Glad I picked this book up. Although I didn’t feel like it at first. Might as well pick up one or two more volumes.

Thanks for the vocab sheet. It made things a lot of easier.

5 Likes