農 is skipped in Level 10

I became level 11 today, but I realized that the system skipped the kanji 農 and 3 vocabulary related to it (農民, 農業, 農場).

What’s going on? Can this be fixed?

Might have been moved to a different level, if you don’t have them in your lessons.

You can check at wkstats.com

1 Like

From the top menu in the main page where it says Lessons, Reviews, Levels, Radicals, Kanji etc. when I enter the Kanji menu to see the content of a level, I can still see 農.

It looks like this, despite being Level 11.

Did you guru the radical yet?

Hmm, my 曲 is apprentice. I think it levelled down recently when I typed song instead of music. So that’s the reason?

1 Like

Is landslide guru?

Items dropping back down after reaching guru already will not affect the unlocking of new items, so that won’t be it.

Oh wait, you didn’t guru it yet, since it’s the same level. Yes, that’s it. Both items need to be guru to unlock the kanji.

2 Likes

According to its item page 農 is a level 10 kanji. This is not one that has been moved in level.

The most likely explanation is that WK will level you up before you learn all kanji. Is this item in your lesson queue? If so that will be the likely explanation. The problem will be fixed when you take more lessons.

There are several ways to check whether an item is still in lesson queue. the one I know best is Item inspector. If you use this script and check the Previous SRS Stage table you will see whether you have level 10 items still await for lessons. Disclosure I am the author of Item Inspector.

Landslide is guru yeah. Seeing both music and landslide are the same level radicals, not sure if I ever hit guru with 曲. It appeared as a Kanji (pink) before so I might be mixing things…

Still, I thought you couldn’t level up without clearing all of the items belonging to that level. Let’s hope 農 and associated items appear when 曲 is guru’d then.

It only depends on 90% of the kanji, so all minus 3 of the level. The radicals only play into it because they keep some kanji locked at the start of the level.

Update on the matter for future reference.

Guru’d 曲 today and 農 kanji showed up in lessons indeed. The vocabulary not yet though, though I guess this means the vocab will show up soon as well.

Thanks for the help =)

1 Like

Yes, the vocab will only show up after you guru the kanji! So in another 3 or so days.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.