転々 Adrift in Tokyo (Japanese Movie Club)

Bah. Kanopy login not available for alumni…

1 Like

Blasphemy. You should demand a refund! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Check your local public library. Mine gives me access to Kanopy for free with my library card!

2 Likes

Ooo. My local library is on the list. Honestly can’t remember the last time I went there, though. Or where my card is.

Wonder if I can renew online…

3 Likes

Also in Amazon JP US

Couldn’t find any jp subs. So hope dialogues aren’t that hard :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Well, that worked.

But… the movie is not available in my territory. Humbug.

4 Likes

Bah.

Are we going to watch at the same time, or all watch at own leisure?

!! This is so cool, I wasn’t aware that there was a movie club, now that I know I have to join. Should I join the Discord as well? I tend to be kind of shy when speaking in large group chats but I’d love to read other’s opinions of the film & comment on future movie choices maybe? :relaxed:

3 Likes

Future movie choices can also be discussed in the main movie club thread!
Japanese Movie Club // Next Movie 転々 Adrift in Tokyo

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll stick to only wanikani for now then :blush:

Couldn’t help but think of this masterpiece of a song when seeing the title:

Guess I was a bit off genre.

2 Likes

If I manage to find someplace that will actually let me purchase the movie (damn you, region-locking!), I’ll definitely join in. Have been wanting to get into Japanese movies, but had no idea where to start. This is such a great idea @beckswithspecks, thank you for making this club!

5 Likes

Can’t seem to work out how to get the movie on Google Play. Is there some obvious “Buy” button I’m not seeing, or is it just not there because it’s not available in my region? In which case, surely they’d just tell me that…

Edit: Ok, checked other movies. The buttons are just invisible on this one.

Ugh, Madman is usually pretty good at making Japanese stuff available here…

1 Like

It’s listed on US Amazon but not available. It may spontaneously appear some day.

Would be nice to download srt files if possible. Has any tried the LL extension through YT?

HELP!
I don’t seem to be able to watch the film. It’s not available on youtube, on amazon us (at least for my region), on amazon spain (I live in Spain), and on google play. Kanopy is not available in my region either. I am trying to make an amazon.jp account, but I get stuck with the postal code. Is there a way to tell the system that this postal code belongs to Spain? :sweat: :sweat:

1 Like

I also wasn’t able to find the movie anywhere. And Amazon demands credit card issued in the correct region for renting movies. (At least it always was my personal experience.)

I don’t know about renting movies and the card. I’m able to buy digital movies and manga with an American address card although my physical address is in Japan. I’ve never tried renting them though.

Books and manga are fine for me, but not digital movies and music. I get this message:
クレジットカードの場合は、日本の銀行から発行されたカードである必要があります。

1 Like

So, anyone watched the movie already?
I watched the film tonight. Really like it. Easy going and relaxed film, pretty much my cup of tea in terms of pacing.
That been said, not the easiest of films to understand in my case. I missed those jp subs, so I could quickly check some dialogues I’m not sure caught correctly. Fukuhara talks a bit fast and not so clearly at times, which is part of the character, sothat required some extra attention on my behalf.

About the availability of the movie itself, must say It wasn’t available in my country, but I managed to get it anyway. Probably the hardest to find film of all the proposed ones :sweat_smile: .

I think a better discussion could be held for films that have jp subs, so we have something to serve as reference. Anyway, I’ll wait for others to watch the film and probably will check again some scenes to comment with more detail later.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.