腕鳴らし usage?

Spoiler (Chainsaw Man 12)

So I’ve been trying to understand this one line for the past hour. I was hoping someone could give me a different perspective on this?

「腕鳴らしに殺されてくれ」三鷹

Is 腕鳴らし the same as 腕を鳴らす?

This is the definition I got:

1. 自分の腕力や技能が思う存分発揮できる機会を待ち構える。

So overall, is what’s being said here meant to be along the lines of “let (give me) yourself be killed by my built up desire to use my abilities” ?

Any help is appreciated!

3 Likes

I’m not sure if it makes sense in the context, but it could be the
②技能を人々に示して認められ、名声を広める。
meaning of 腕を鳴らす. With the typical “masu-stem + に + verb” grammar, as in “Let yourself be killed so people far and wide will know me for my skills” or something (I’m horrible at translating, sorry :see_no_evil:)

4 Likes

Fits the context perfectly. She was just possessed so I’m guessing the devil wants what he’s about to do to be talked about (the more they are feared the stronger they become).

Sometimes I think the more time I spend looking at stuff like this, the more confusing it gets and it’s just better to ask someone.

Thank you!!

3 Likes

Would have appreciated an indication in the title of what the content was, or at least a spoiler tag hiding the image.

6 Likes

Not sure if this is the right way but at least it hides it. Sorry!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.