笑わない数学者 - Mathematical Goodbye (S&M Vol.3)

Annnnnnd - here is Week 1!

I’ve taken the liberty to pre-date this week’s start to Dec 24th. I highly encourage you to read at least the first two or three pages on that day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy New Year everybody! Here is week 2:

3 Likes

I really like that we’re going by chapter for our schedule. Easy to know when to stop so I don’t spoil myself with knowledge meant for future weeks. (Just have to remember that each chapter has several parts :durtle_durtverted_lvl1: )

4 Likes

Here is week 3! Looking forward to seeing what will happen the next morning :grin:

2 Likes

On to week 4! Curious to learn more about all the puzzles we got so far :laughing:

2 Likes

Week 5 is here! (Almost half of the book is done with this week! :partying_face:)

3 Likes

Here is Week 6! This week we will be entering the second half of the book :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Week 7 is around the corner! Will there be new revelations? Everybody is reading with bated breath :wink:

2 Likes

On to week 8!

1 Like

As the end is drawing near (at least of Vol. 3 :sweat_smile:) I was wondering whether any of you would like to continue with 詩的私的ジャック - JACK THE POETICAL PRIVATE (S&M Vol.4) and so I’ve set up its home thread and a poll.

3 Likes

I guess I should get started if I want to catch up before 薬屋 the end. :eyes:

3 Likes

We’re almost there!!! Here is week 9:

Oh hey! I’ve caught up even if it is only for a day :smiley: Finished chapter 8. Tomorrow’s new week is chapter 10. Not far behind anymore, but then again, there’s another advanced book club staring up tomorrow. Nafu already posted the first week :eyes:

3 Likes

Same, haha. I just finished chapter 8. It’s nice to be caught up. :joy:

4 Likes

Omg, you’ve really been racing through this book :joy:

1 Like

I really wanted to be at least caught up before 薬屋のひとりごと started! :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

The penultimate week is upon us!

2 Likes

Here it is, the long-awaited (sorry everybody! :sweat_smile:) thread for the last week:

4 Likes

The book is finally over! And it is…

Satisfaction Poll Time!

Have you read 笑わない数学者?

• I finished it
  • I’m still reading and I plan on finishing it
  • I don’t plan to finish it
  • I never even started it

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate it on a 5 point scale? (1: hated it, 5: loved it)

• Unsure / Didn’t finish

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate its difficulty?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Participation Statistics

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a uniform level of participation :rofl:

5 Likes

Impressive! It’s also cool that we had more members than for volume 2. Hopefully we can keep the momentum for the next volume!

4 Likes