獣の奏者 prologue, part 3 discussion

@seanblue, thanks for asking about all the things I wanted to ask about. :stuck_out_tongue: particularly the さもあろう and 筋 which I understood well enough but couldn’t find in my dictionary.

About half way through for now.

3 Likes

This was a good section. :cry:

4 Likes
Illustration from part 3

7 Likes

I’m late and just finished this part. This was a really intense chapter. I agree with most that it was both really good and really sad. Unfortunately I wasn’t wrong about feeling like something really bad was about to happen.
It really made me want to keep reading but reading a lot in Japanese in one sitting is still pretty tiring :sweat_smile:

To my surprise reading this does feel easier than reading 氷菓, like @NicoleIsEnough said.

5 Likes

How much did you read in one sitting for this? I usually hit my limit in 5-10 pages depending on the difficulty of the book.

I read like 6-7 pages in one sitting to finish this. But yeah, I think I’m usually in that range unless I get stuck on something.

1 Like

Woo, another chapter!
Was easy enough to follow without the dictionary, but reading through again took ages because there were so many words I didn’t know…

Only one question this time, What is the 通れ doing in 見つかって通れもどされたら on page 41?

1 Like

連れ戻す means ‘to bring back’. ^^ congrats on another chapter!

2 Likes

Ah, so I misread the kanji and wasted my time trying to look up a word that doesn’t exist, despite the meaning being clear from the context :sweat:

Oh! I didn’t even notice. :joy: hope I didn’t get it wrong!

1 Like

I checked and you were right

2 Likes

エリンは、しかたなく短刀を口にくわえて、歯でぎゅっと嚙んで泳ぐことに決めた。

Yaaaarrrrr! 海賊エリン!

8 Likes