涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

…We haven’t decided yet.

What say you, @Time , @sigolino ? The same time works for me.

(Also thanks for the reminder for me to do that. :slight_smile: )

1 Like

It works for me. Plus, it looks like that time is manageable for Japan too, so @Belerith can participate.

1 Like

What ever happened to @LucasDesu and Team Japan?

Okay, let’s see if we hear from Time by tomorrow night… : D

2 Likes

As far as I know we are having a reading same as last week.

1 Like

Same time?

@Belthazar - I think that means at the same time…

2 Likes

I’ve put it in the World Clock Event again: Event Time Announcer - Haruhi Reading

2 Likes

I think that means it’ll be the same @Time as last week.

2 Likes

That is what I had thought

2 Likes

I’m not sure what happened. It seemed that maybe we would do Saturday. I said anytime after 7pm, but no one’s responded since. At this point, there seems to be nothing confirmed for a time.

In any event, I had thought that more people would want to participate in the first place, so I was going to jump in at any time that worked (if there was a time that worked). However, that wasn’t the case.:slightly_smiling_face: So maybe it’s best to have one group.

My schedule is pretty hectic anyway, so it’s probably best that I rescind my participation in the read aloud group. I’m sorry to allow this to drag out so long @Belerith and @StarLi.

Or, if that’s the time that worked for you, and no one posted against it, you could claim ownership and declare that the time of the meeting. *shrugs with a smile*

Up to you, though…

I don’t intend to try to make Team White Throat’s meeting time evening in Japan, because that’s obnoxiously early in the morning for me… (Which is why I think two groups should work. In theory.)

1 Like

O my, I was so sure I’d replied I never bothered to check. :sweat_smile: Sorry!

I know you’re busy with your job, but if you’re interested in the group and can’t join the other one, I’d say we can just give it a try tomorrow evening, if that’s ok with @StarLi as well?

2 Likes

Sorry, I’ve not been busy and haven’t been able to play on the forum much.

I’m cook with hanging out Sat night. I probably need to chill and speak some English before I take the JLPT Sunday.

2 Likes

It’s really okay. Plus there’s no need to apologize, really. Due to my work schedule, I’m not sure how long I can continue to make a particular time, which is the reason why I decided to pull out. If my schedule frees up later this summer and am available to sit in on the other group, I’ll pop in. Please don’t worry about trying to accommodating me because I cannot guarantee my attendance due to work commitments coming up. I just feel really bad putting my name in the first place because I wasn’t expecting to have the pressure of being one of three people to do this. It’s the same reason why I wasn’t able to regularly participate in the last read aloud thing as well as the reason why I couldn’t commit to maintaining the book club threads. :sweat:

Sorry once again.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We reached the end of the first chapter!

5 Likes

No! No we haven’t! XD

Thanks for making these, Naph.

@LucasDesu that’s why I’m re-negotiating every week. I feel like it’s a fluke we’re meeting at the same time this week. I totally expect to have social things going on Saturday evenings (like StarLi) in the future… once my papers are done. Do what you have to do, though. None of us mean to pressure you.

2 Likes

You’re overcomplicating things. Just pick a time and stick with it, and if you can’t make it one week so be it.

3 Likes

I don’t think so, really. If there are really only 3 of us, and we all have different things going on, moving the time around makes more sense/sounds easier to me. *shrugs*

If the group becomes larger consistently, I may give that up, however. (Say, once the core group is >5 people.)

1 Like

I’m not feeling pressure from anyone at all. Let me clarify; it feels bad needing to cancel when there’s only two other people, especially if one of the other two has already cancelled. Historically, I haven’t been able to make these things regularly due to my job, but because there’s always been a core group, I didn’t feel bad about not being able to make it most of the time.

I appreciate you taking the time to look at other options, though. :grinning:

1 Like

Oh, yeah, I completely forgot to mention.
Based on the previous vote about speed, we were supposed to slow down for a little bit. However finding appropriate breakpoints has proved to be a nightmare, so I wanted to ask if it would be useful to have a one week break instead while we gather forces?
One of the possible downside I can see would be for some people to lose momentum and stop in that case.

Otherwise, if someone can come with reasonable breaks, I’m also open to suggestions.

How do you mean “a break”? Like no assigned reading so others can catch up? (Would be welcomed in my case.) Or something else in mind?

In either case, while the poll showed those kind of results, no actual decision was stated… So I wasn’t expecting anything.

1 Like