涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

So, things happened and I find myself in a situation where I won’t have access to a computer from Thursday until Monday evening. I see three possible options:

• I put the thread up on Wednesday
  • I put the thread up on Tuesday next week
  • Someone else puts up the thread on time (only chose this if you are willing to do it yourself)

0 voters

Sorry for the inconvenience.

5 Likes

Please don’t apologize. Thank you so much for putting up all the threads thus far.

9 Likes

Well, I’m running late, so tonight isn’t happening.
@Ditto20, if it isn’t too much trouble, よろしくお願い致します。
Otherwise, I’ll put up the thread on Tuesday.

@LucasDesu thank you for your kind words. It does make me feel better about the situation :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Alright, I guess you won’t actually see this until afterwards anyway, but I’ll put it up at the normal time then!

9 Likes

助かりました :bowing_woman:
I will still be able to come to the forum a few minutes here and there, but that wouldn’t be enough to make the thread (plus, editing those on a phone is painful, been there done that).
Anyway, thanks again!

3 Likes

And it’s here! Hopefully I didn’t mess anything up too badly :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks a lot!
Somehow, the link from week 10 doesn’t work for me though :thinking:

1 Like

It worked for me when I posted it, but now it doesn’t anymore :thinking:

Well, if there’s anything wrong with the link I’ll fix it later :slight_smile:

Edit: And now it suddenly works again somehow? :woman_shrugging:

…it seems to work when opening in a new tab but not otherwise(for me, at least). That’s weird.

That’s exactly it, I noticed that started happening (or maybe that has always been the case?) a few weeks ago.

1 Like

You had an extra slash in there if you didn’t notice.

4 Likes

The new week is here!

@Ditto20 can you add Week 12 as the next thread? :smile:

1 Like

:+1: I can’t do it right now, but I’ll do it

1 Like

Well, the new thread is here:

For those who are behind on the schedule, this conversation just happened:

So, yeah, is there anything that could help?

2 Likes

I already decided to cut my speed in half around where the Discord reading group started falling apart, but accidentally amputated both halves…

2 Likes

I wish I could have helped with the reading aloud sessions :confused: Too bad.

Just read one sentence a day. It’s still > 0!

I have given up trying to catch up. I’m making anki-cards and study them as I read. I managed to do it for 時をかける少女 and キノの旅. But this book… Pace + difficulty… It hasn’t worked out this time. So that’s my situation. I’m still reading the book. But I’m doing it at whatever pace it ends up being. So unless you are prepared to skip back about 70 pages and cut the pace in half, there’s not much you can do for me, I’m afraid.

If the remaining survivors :slight_smile: want to double the pace instead… I think that’s a good idea. At this point, taking a week off and slowing down, is “too little, too late” for me. I still won’t manage to catch up before the end of the book anyway.

1 Like

As one of those behind, I’m sorry for contributing to the strain of the group. Since the previous month, I took on a job that prevented me from reading for about a couple weeks. When I jumped back on, I’ve been consistently a week behind. However, I simply haven’t had time to participate in any of the threads since the inception of the Haruhi threads. In fact, my presence on the forum consists of me being a phantom in the rafters :joy:

Beyond the excuses, as I said before, I’m okay with whatever decisions the main contingent makes because I’m likely to remain a week behind due to work ramping up and other commitments. I’m sorry about that everyone :sweat:

4 Likes

Sounds good to me. No matter the pace, you’ll make it to the finish line anyway.
Maybe you’ll naturally start increasing your speed too. I think you will reach soon-ish the part where stuff start really happening. (I hope saying that isn’t too spoilery)

Hard to say who is part of the main contingent at this point, since exactly half the group is behind based on last week’s poll :sweat_smile:

But anyway your answer and that of @tessberg made me think that we will still get a bunch of people making it to the end anyway. (I wish @Belthazar’s answer was reassuring too, but it’s a bit more 曖昧 :sweat_smile:)

4 Likes

I would define the main contingent as those who are on track not because they would be considered the majority, but because they have the time to get the reading done. Perhaps this was already discussed, but speeding up by a lot with the remainder may not be a good idea. If there are any in the group that are just able to get through at the current pace, then speeding up would exacerbate that problem.

Maybe we should at least try to figure out how behind people are? If they’re like me and only a week behind on the readings, then we can consider something different than if they are like @tessberg and report that they’re irreparably behind.

I know the next book has been already selected, but perhaps the club shouldn’t consider books at this length anymore due to how long it takes at the pace we’re going.

1 Like