毎日の 吸血鬼 ドラキュラ・Dracula Daily Japanese Thread

I’m still working on getting caught up, but I was so shocked to see Kodak cameras mentioned!

I wonder if this is the model referred to? The website says it’s from 1890.

2 Likes

Quite likely – Dracula was written over the course of 1890-1896. Cutting-edge techno-gadgetry!

2 Likes

Whew, been a while since the last update! I guess Jonathon’s just had to sit and twiddle his thumbs in the meantime.

2 Likes

Today marks the last day of June and Jonathan’s diary, at least for the moment. It also means that the beginning of the book has closed the gap with more recent entries; I believe we’re still a bit ahead with Seward, but we should be catching up soon.

A heads up: I found another improperly -translated date. It’s for the entry that starts chapter 6; it’s labeled as 六月二十四日, when it should be 七月二十四日. We won’t be getting there for a while, but just in case.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll add it to the date errors list

1 Like

I wasn’t able to catch up, but I see today is the final day! If you read along how was it?

I’m hoping I’ll be able to successfully participate next year

1 Like

I ended up having to cheat a little bit; if the entry was over a certain amount of pages long, I read it in English purely for time reasons. So it ended up being about half English and half Japanese. I had a good time, though! Picked up some nifty new vocab, and it was fun seeing the translator choices. Pretty much all dialects were dropped; the translator didn’t retain any equivalent to the crusty English of some of the people.

Overall a fun little read-through; I probably won’t be reading through it again next year, though, at least in Japanese.

2 Likes