Join the Advanced Book Club here!
本好きの下剋上 Home Thread
Start Date: December 19th
Previous week: Week 18
Next Week: Week 20
Chapters 20/21 (早速作ってみた, マイン、倒れる) (39 pages/ 10%)
- Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
- When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
- Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
- To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!
Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.
- I’m reading along
- I have finished this part
- I’m still reading the book but haven’t reached that part yet
- I’m skipping this book
”I don’t want to involve money calculations (=“histoires d’argent” in French, but I don’t know how to say that in English) when it comes to my family" said Lutz about what is supposed to be a (normal) way to get accustomed to it through interacting with one’s family, so he got corrected by Marc who said that then he’ll never become a proper merchant.
Lutz doesn’t want to make a profit out of his family, but Marc is saying that one’s family is the proper training ground for learning how to make a profit. (Of course, my opinion is that it’s only true if your family members are also merchant, not defenseless artisans)
Also, it’s 進まない and not 済まない (and technically 慣れ合い not なれ合い.
I have a lot to say about your first paragraph, but I sadly know too much. Again.
All caught up! Very glad tomorrow is Saturday because I’m anxious to finish the book out so I can start on the next one. I haven’t looked at the epilogue at all but I do wonder where they could go from here that doesn’t seem like a big change in pacing after the events of the last two pages.