本好きの下剋上: Volume 2, Week 5 discussion

Join the Advanced Book Club here!

本好きの下剋上 Home Thread

Week 15

Start Date: November 21st
Previous week: Week 14
Next: Week 16

Reading:

Chapters 10-12 (紙の完成, 商業ギルド, ギルド長と髪飾り) (45 pages/ 12%)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :books:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but haven’t reached that part yet
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

3 Likes

Finished this week really fast for some reason. Kinda want to read ahead but I’m gonna hold out.

5 Likes

This week has some really interesting things.

This week spoiler

Mayne giving Benno a crane was nice. They finally succeed in making paper !!!
The guild scene was really nicely introduced. That fake luxury by putting nice clothes on wooden benches.
The guild master scene was funny. “You know the thing you wanted? I found it but we can’t sell it.” That economic war.
I now know why someone said this was an economic book disguised as an isekai. The last chapter had some calculations. When I was reading it and tried to do it my biggest problem was understanding what they were saying. I was like “ok so how was the silver coin worth again? How many were there again?” I had to reread to get all the info for the calculation. First time I made math for fun. This book is tricking me into making maths. Finally, they made monney. I wonder how their families are gonna react.

2 Likes

You’re not the only one. Was going to read just one chapter last night before going to sleep, but ended up reading all three chapters and craving more :joy:

I also had some trouble remembering how much each coin was worth. Maybe it would be helpful if we gathered all the info in a table so we don’t forget later? :thinking: :eyes:

4 Likes

Apparently, you don’t, since that comment was about a different light novel series :sweat_smile:

Join meeeeee

You don’t need to. The actual value of coins fades out of existence after the first arc (retcon’d?).

2 Likes

Oh! really? I didn’t found back the comment to confirm but I will trust you on that. No more economic class in Japanese then T.T

Here you go.

The series is 狼と香辛料

1 Like

oh ! Thank you it see I was in the wrong thread. Well… I read thread rapidly without too much looking sometimes so I guess it got me this time.

Thanks for the rectification

1 Like