本好きの下剋上 home thread

page numbers:

• 9 (Prologue)
  • 354 (Epilogue)
  • 462 (あとがき)
1 Like

Hm, that’s also the comments I have seen online. It seems to go novel > manga > anime.

3 Likes

Moving on to volume 3! This week, Frida Frida Frida.

5 Likes

Me: I’ll be reading ahead once we finish book 2
Also me: hasn’t started book 3 at all

7 Likes

finished book 2! i feel like i’m on the fast track for light novel addiction…
i lookup exactly 2000 words…(unique words i think) it’s honestly too much.

6 Likes

Discussing important topics, this time around.

3 Likes

This week, maybe @icefang97 changes their opinion about some character.

2 Likes

NEVER !!! I haven’t read it yet but NEVER!!! My resolve is unbreakable.

4 Likes

Made a focused effort on vol. 3 this week and read seven chapters, which gets me almost caught up to last week’s allotment (I stopped right before 家族会議). Hoping to keep up the same pace this upcoming week as well.

5 Likes

Not so many people reading along anymore, it seems. (Although, thinking about it, it’s on par with the Re:Zero club)
Anyway, we are halfway through the volume. As I mentioned previously, I’m going to make a “read at your own pace” thread for the arc 2+.

4 Likes

I would love to read more, but my focus has shifted towards programming for the foreseeable future

5 Likes

Interestingly, I would love to program more, but there are all those books that aren’t gonna read themselves.

6 Likes

I started reading late, and it’s not too priority, so I’m a few weeks behind still. I think I’m done with week 3. But it’s not like I read along at pace with the first two volumes either. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ah, but you are voting in the polls, so I was counting you anyway. :triumph:

3 Likes

It’s been so long since I last programmed I forgot a lot of it. I should get back into it but my knowledge of it became so low and I have no time anymore.

Can I pry into your personal live and ask what your are programming?

1 Like

I want to try making a career out of it, so I am mostly trying to learn new things. Just finished going through a course on web development

2 Likes

Nice! That is a nice project. Keep up the good work

1 Like

huh, surpassed the book club, i guess dumping all other book clubs was worth it.

i think i have a new favorite quote : 神様のバカバカ! わたしの感謝を
(not really a spoiler, from 入れない楽園(name of chapter, is actually a spoiler))

3 Likes

Dumping all book clubs for 本好き is always the best choice :ok_hand:
Absolutely not trying to justify my past behavior.

5 Likes

and another one.

反省はしているが、後悔はしていない

i’ve just realized how big my kindle font is,

わたしと約束したのに、約束破るほど、巫女になりたい is a full line(vertical). no wonder i always feel like i don’t make any progress on pc…

i read the second volume in a week and just couldn’t be bothered to pick up books for a week. i wish i had the stamina(is that even stamina?) for that kind of fast reading. maybe i’ll read kumakumakumabear after this arc for a small break!

maybe my level of energy will go up once i don’t spend 1 hours or more every day doing wanikani. i keep spending like 15 minute on my mining deck and it’s been really nice but i doubt i can either mine 30 cards per day or even learn 30 random words(most with new kanji/reading)…it is really hell. i keep thinking about quitting wk since the words i’m learning in wk are either words i know, or often than not, not something i’m going to come to often or something i can’t learn in wk but then i think about how it’s going to be over in a two months and how i might regret not getting the max out of wanikani and put more time on the level 30-40 items.

1 Like