月刊少女野崎くん 🖌️ Book Club ・ Reading Vol. 10!

Join the Beginner Book Club Here!
View this series on Natively!

Welcome to the 月刊少女野崎くん Book Club!

View the nomination post here!

Where to purchase

Digital: Bookwalker · Kobo · Amazon
Physical: Manga Republic · CDJapan · Amazon

Volumes

Volume 1
Volume 2
Volume 3
Volume 4
Volume 5

Vocabulary

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Notifications

Don’t forget to set this thread to Watching in order to be notified when we start a new volume or run polls!

4 Likes
When would you like to start reading volume 2?
  • I’m ready now!
  • In a few weeks
  • Not ready yet! (I need more time to catch up or for my book to arrive.)

0 voters

4 Likes

Thank you for the organisation @MaraVos :smiling_face: I am ready to start whenever. Does anyone have a suggestion for the pacing? I would be fine with the same pacing as previously (2 chapters/week) but also with a little less (1 chapter/week).

I noticed that right now we have 9 votes in the poll and a little less then that are not ready yet, so perhaps we could start the club beginning of March?

3 Likes

I think 2 chapters a week is pretty good pacing for me personally, but maybe a slightly altered pacing would be more accessible. It’s probably a little strange, but how does a 3 chapters every 2 weeks schedule sound? Or is that weird and inconvenient? I’m not sure! I’m fine with any kind of pacing! What do you all think?

As for timing, I think the beginning of march would be perfect! I wrote that I’m ready now, but starting in about 10 days (the beginning of march) would be ideal for me!

4 Likes

Thanks for voting in the last poll everyone! Here are two more polls so we can start fine-tuning our schedule. :slight_smile:

When would you like to start reading volume 2?
  • March 4th
  • March 11th
  • March 18th

0 voters

What pace would you like to read volume 2 at?
  • 10 weeks (1 chapter per week)
  • 6 weeks per volume (1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2 chapters per week)
  • 5 weeks per volume (2 chapters per week)
  • 4 weeks per volume (2, 2, 3, 3 chapters per week)
  • Something else (please comment!)

0 voters

3 Likes

The thread for volume 2 is up now! I can’t wait! Volumes 2 through 4 are currently languishing lonely on my bookshelf. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We’re close to finishing volume 2! :tada: Which means it’s time for polls!

When would you like to start reading volume 3?
  • April 15 - no break
  • April 22 - one week break
  • April 29 - two week break
  • Other (please explain)

0 voters

What pace would you like to read volume 3 at?
  • The same pace (2 chapters per week)
  • A different pace (please comment!)

0 voters

4 Likes

It looks like most people are okay with any amount of break (or lack thereof), but one person prefers two weeks, so I guess we’ll go with that! I’ll wait a couple more days before chiseling the date into our thread title, though, in case anyone has comments or didn’t vote yet …

4 Likes

Ah, that one person is me - I am quite behind right now and to be honest, I’m doubting even if I will start with volume 3 for now as I’ve been a bit busy in general and I’m finding it hard to keep up :sweat_smile: so feel free to go with the one week break

2 Likes

Not to worry! I’m starting to feel that I’d appreciate a longer break as well and I think most everyone voted for 2 weeks. :slight_smile:

Eta: plus, if there is a chance to keep you with us, we’d better take it! The more the merrier!

3 Likes

Polls for volume 4!

On account of the large number of bookclubs running simultaneously at the moment I’ve included poll options for a longer break after this volume as well as poll options for slowing down, in case folks need a breather! If we slow down, we can always speed up again later, so please don’t be shy to vote for that option if it works for you!

When would you like to start reading volume 4?
  • June 3 - no break
  • June 10 - one week break
  • June 17 - two week break
  • June 24 - three week break
  • July 1 - four week break
  • Something else

0 voters

What pace would you like to read at?
  • I’d like to continue at our pace of two chapters per week
  • I’d like to slow down to 1 chapter per week
  • I’d like to slow down to 1 chapter per week only if our break between volumes is short
  • Anything is fine

0 voters

4 Likes

I accidentally made the second poll private, so it’s a little hard to tell, but I think we’re somewhat divided (although the majority seem to be quite flexible). To try to meet in the middle, I came up with these options. If you have another idea feel free to propose it! But I hope at least one of these options can work for everybody.

• 1 week break, switch to 1 chapter per week for this volume
  • 1 week break, switch to 1 chapter per week for the first 6 chapters of this volume
  • 2 week break, switch to 1 chapter per week for the first 4 chapters of this volume
  • 2 week break, continue with 2 chapters per week

0 voters

5 Likes

I put in my vote but I’m good with anything haha, if that helps

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

We’re back with volume 4! Come hang out with us here!

4 Likes

Polls for volume 5!

How long of a break would you like?
  • Zero weeks, start August 5
  • One week, start August 12
  • Two weeks, start August 19
  • Something else (please comment)
0 voters
What pace would you prefer?
  • One chapter per week
  • Two chapters per week
  • Alternating between one and two chapters per week
  • Something else (please comment)
0 voters
4 Likes

Nozaki volume 5 starts this week, as per the polls! Find the new thread here!

2 Likes

Howdy Y’all!

Sorry for the delay team, we will be continuing the 月刊少女野崎くん Book Club again, starting from Volume 6. For those of us who have fallen off from reading during the previous volumes, this is an excellent chance to jump back into the wonderful world Nozaki-kun!

The amazing @MaraVos has passed the baton to me to continue this club’s threads in their stead for now. They have done an amazing job to keep this book club moving forward, and I’ll do my best to emulate them (which is a high order!).

In that vein, below I have two polls for getting us going. I’ll check the polls over the next few days, and make the next volume thread accordingly. Can’t wait to hear from you!

Poll 1: When would be a good time to start?

• Oct. 1st
  • Oct. 8th
  • Oct. 15th
  • As soon as possible, I need my Nozaki-kun fix!!!
  • I can’t join at any of these times, but I will definitely catch up when I can!
0 voters

Poll 2: What would be the best pacing for you?

• One Chapter per Week
  • Two Chapters per Week
  • Alternating One to Two Chapters per Week
  • I’m down for literally anything!
  • I’m feeling wild! Three Chapters per Week!!
0 voters
3 Likes

Looks like we will be starting on October 8th since we might be able to get more people that are able to join in and commit! If the Oct 1st people want to do some pre-reading though that should be okay!! We will be going at a two chapter per week pace, so I’ll have the schedule and main posting thread for Volume 6 up within the next day!

Thanks for your patience everyone!

4 Likes

Nozaki-kun Volume 6 starts next week! Please join us and discuss it with all of us here!

Look forward to hearing from y’all!

5 Likes