暁のヨナ 第4巻〜第14巻 | 🌅

Emma! It’s great to hear back from you, I hope you’ve been well! Hopefully we can all hear each other in a session soon…
Good luck with JLPT, l will be sitting for it as well!

Tbh, I have kinda planned most of my schedule taking into consideration the fact that our read-alouds are on Saturday mornings.
But I haven’t updated the availability sheet since June, which I shall do now! Maybe it would be a good idea for all of us to update it and see which is the (new?) optimal day and time…!

Let’s go with option B unless someone objects otherwise. I’ll update first post when I feel like it.

If everyone can update their schedules, I can take a look at it. Should we add M-Th to the spreadsheet?

Sure, why not! Maybe more options will be made available

And gotcha, option B for now! :smile:

Okay! Just add the weekdays next to the weekends.

Thanks! I’ll update my tab. <3

B sounds good to me!

I’m still catching up after missing last week, so definitely either B or C, so I’ll probably show up having only read one chapter.

Just updated my Fri / Sat / Sun on the spreadsheet to be more accurate, can do weekdays once they are added. :slight_smile:

It’s still this same spreadsheet, right?

1 Like

Hey deliana! We missed you last week…

As I see it we are all on the same page about doing one chapter this week, so probably option B it will be….

And yes, it’s still the same spreadsheet, we have to manually add the M-TH cells! If you give me a min, I will add it on everyone’s tabs~

:sweat_smile: I forgot to write about it, but I posted the sign-up last night…!

Emma hi again!

During the last read-aloud everyone agreed that we could try splitting the 2-chapter sessions that we have every other week, into a weekday and Saturday! So for the weeks that we are scheduled to read two chapters, we will have one on Wednesday (according to the spreadsheet, that was the most convenient day) and one on Saturday.

Would that work out for you?

If so, that means we should be meeting to read chapter 37 this Wednesday.

But what time was it again?? @beari @Kraddak @deliana88 @Rain32

if it’s earlier than 10am PST, I guess I will be missing out on the Wednesday sessions as I have class till that time…

Chap 37 is ok for wednesday for me. Same time?

So after looking at the spreadsheet, it’s hard to make a second day and time that works for everyone :sob:

so I thought about a different idea. What if we still have our main session being Saturday but we can hold like a make up day earlier in the week so that those who can’t make it on Saturday can come on the make up day, those who only wanna meet once a week can attend our regular session on Saturday, and those who won’t mind attending both can attend both. Thoughts?

1 Like

Personally this sounds like an even better suggestion to me, rather than actually splitting bi-chapter weeks into two. Having a make-up/repeat session sounds great!

I was also worried that splitting into two would make it feel more pressuring (less time to prepare chapters, word lists etc) and more like an ‘obligation thing’? Maybe it’s just me though. But increasing our bookclub dates could also get overwhelming for some, in the long run.

So, I definitely prefer this suggestion, thank you Bri!

1 Like

I’m down for really anything that people want to try! So it sounds like we could have two sessions a week and people can attend the ones they can attend? And no one’s obligated/expected to go to both. Because I definitely don’t want to put more onto anyone’s plate. Definitely interested!

1 Like

Eventually, are we holding a meeting tomorrow? and shall it be for chapter 37 or make-up 36? :thinking:

I’d say whatever time works best for @kusuri since she’s the one that can only do weekdays!

Since it’s a makeup and the beginning of the volume, let’s do 36.

As for time, it depends on who is attending. Most of us attended last Saturday so tomorrow’s session can be for kusuri and whoever wants to attend again. I’ll be there! I can always use more practice :relaxed:

How do you guys feel about 9a or 10a PST on Wednesdays?

1 Like

Let’s see who’s coming tomorrow. We will be reading the same chapter as last Saturday so this session will only be for those who didn’t make it or want extra practice (or just wants to be there).

Attending make up session Wednesday? (chapter 36 again)
  • Yes
  • No
  • Maybe

0 voters

I’m not against the make up session idea, but I don’t know how well it works when everyone was able to attend the regular saturday meeting…I don’t think I would really enjoy going back through the same content over again, so I probably wouldn’t attend much. I kind of liked the original plan to divide the two chapter weeks up better, but I know that has its own challenges too. And tbh it’s gonna be hard for me to attend on weekdays after my schedule changes anyway…I really wish we had an easy solution to include everybody, but I don’t have any good ideas :confused:

Should we stick to the original plan then? We can try out both and see. The only thing with the original plan is finding a time that works for everyone regularly :cold_sweat:

We can try 10am PST for tomorrow.

1 Like