新 Monthly Progress Challenge

Jumping on board because motivation, yeah!

#PROGRESS POST #:

#WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 47 (almost 48)

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 50

#GOALS

LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: N/A

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Get my conjugation for ます、て、た、えば、よう、あう、adjectives down to a bloody art.

#RESOURCES

CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES:

Wanikani
Genki1
LingDeer
JapanesePod101
Mario Odyssey
Random manga raws that I find online
NHK Easy and NHK News. (I honestly get more news about the world from these sites than English sites now. o__o; )

FAVE: WaniKani

LEAST FAVE: Genki1. I have absolutely 0 willpower to sit my butt down and use it.

TRY NEW RESOURCE:
Anyttthhiinnnggg

#JAPANESE ABILITY

CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Speaking. No…it absolutely doesn’t take me like 5 minutes to form a sentence in my head before attempting to butcher it while blabbing. Not at all…

Lays down. Tries not to cry. Cries a lot.

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE:

Reading up on grammar, getting conjugation down, and attempting to speak more. Truthfully though, not a big priority. My biggest priority is reading.

#HELPING OTHERS

TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE:

Become a sponge. Look in places that you usually don’t. Read things that you think you can’t. Listen to thinks that you only understand partly.

First and foremost though: Learn Hiragana and Katakana. This has helped me IMMENSELY in my JP quest.

3 Likes

PROGRESS POST #01

WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 1

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL: 4

GOALS

THIS MONTH’S GOAL:

• Finish Chapter 4 of Genki I.
    • I plan to do a chapter from the Genki textbook for each WaniKani level I reach. I’ve done Genki in the past and the first four chapters especially are very easy so I don’t imagine this goal will be difficult.

RESOURCES

• WaniKani
  • AnkiDroid (manually added Genki vocabulary)
  • Genki I
  • SBS Japanese podcast

POTENTIAL RESOURCES TO TRY NEXT:

(I don’t think I’m far enough into the language to properly utilise other resources right now. Next month there might be more here.)

• Japanese Language Meetups

JAPANESE ABILITY

CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS:

• I feel as though everything is a bit of a weakness right now. When I previously studied Japanese I was reverse illiterate (I could read but could barely converse) so based off that speaking and conversing is probably my weakness.

• I currently volunteer on the same night that the Japanese Language group on Meetup gets together in my city, so for the next month I won’t be looking to improve my speaking skills.

HELPING OTHERS

• Be consistent.

LEGEND! ありがとう!

1 Like

PROGRESS POST #2

LAST MONTH’S GOAL: to make level 4
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 4
IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL: 6

GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: Had a holiday at the start of the month but have started Japanese conversation lessons and worked through Genki I to chapter 3, which I’m finding the listening easy but still have no fluency when reading. I can say the letters but can’t work out where words start/stop.
THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Get half way through Genki I (Chapter 6), level 5 in Wanikani, finish the Michel Thomas lessons and learn round about language ‘what’s the thing, you know, it’s round and bouncy.’

RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: Wanikani, Japanese Ammo with Misa(awesome) Genki I,Tae Kims guide to grammar, duolingo, the world around me.
FAVE: Japanese Ammo with Misa, listening, reading and cultural learning. She’s awesome
TRY NEW RESOURCE: I got a library card, so borrowing some actual books… even if they are aimed at babies.

JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Speaking, reading, writing :stuck_out_tongue:
HOW I WILL IMPROVE THE ABOVE: Seriously work on Genki, one chapter a week. Keep speaking with my broken Japanese, start saying hello to randoms, though most people are the ones who say hello to me. Keep working on Wanikani, listening to the guide for the words as I had been reading phonetically and it was wrong.

HELPING OTHERS
TIPS/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: The above post with a Japanese input keyboard, stoked! Putting stories/mnemonics to new words and writing them down/flash carding them.

#PROGRESS POST #: 1

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 12

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 13

#GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: Nothing.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Reach Chapter 7 in Genki I.

#RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: WaniKani, Genki I, KaniWani,

LEAST FAVE: KaniWani/Genki
TRY NEW RESOURCE: BunPro

#JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Grammar. And pretty much anything that requires grammar like speaking.

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Do Genki.

#HELPING OTHERS
Learn grammar. Can’t make sentences without grammar! It’s never too early to start grammar. Well, maybe after you learn hiragana.

PROGRESS POST #: 1

WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 9

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL: 14 (I should be able to hit level 14 on January 2nd at my current pace.)

GOALS

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Bulk up on vocab so I can seamlessly integrate into my upper level Japanese class next semester :grimacing:

RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: Wanikani, Kaniwani, Bunpro, Kanji Study (app), Japanese for Busy People I & II (books), Japanese From Zero (YouTube series)

FAVE: Wanikani/Kaniwani
LEAST FAVE: Japanese for Busy People
TRY NEW RESOURCE: I need to use Kanji Study more often…

JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Speaking and listening

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Commit to watching a Japanese drama with Japanese subtitles; work on speaking aloud more often when I study

HELPING OTHERS
TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: Bunpro is super great for everyone who said grammar was their weakness; I highly recommend it.

#PROGRESS POST #: 2

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 8
IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 10

#GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: Get to genki ch8
THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Get to genki ch10

#RESOURCES

• Italki Lessons 2* per week
  • Grammar Anki Deck
  • Genki Workbook 1
  • Podcasts

LEAST FAVE: N/A. I got rid of Memrise. Starting to struggle with genki vocab though…
TRY NEW RESOURCE: Japanese podcasts; I now have to drive about an hour every day, so I’ll switch out my music for this.

#JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Speaking… Still…

• Asking myself questions and answering them in multiple ways (affirmative/negative)
  • Trying to be more consistent in my study. More preparation before lessons.

#HELPING OTHERS
I just learned that the shortcut for switching the keyboard inputs on macs is shift + cntrl + alt + space, but you need to enable keyboard switching in the keyboard settings area in system preferences. My quality of life just went up exponentially.

1 Like

#PROGRESS POST #2

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 10
IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL: 14

#GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: I did well on the WaniKani front of last month’s goals, at least. I have yet to get around to starting Anki, but I will get there. Eventually, I’m sure. I’ve been working tons, and I haven’t had much time on my personal computer to get some decks downloaded and started. Shockingly, though, I did start going through Genki II, which was not strongly apart of my plan a month ago.
THIS MONTH’S GOAL: In addition to reaching a certain level on WK within the next month, I also want to get the review/leveling up timing to be better suited for my schedule. As in, not having important reviews to do at 3:00 am in the morning -_-'. And actually starting Anki would be nice to actually get around to… Kinda crazy on top of everything else, but I want to finish Genki II by the end of the year. I’m on Chapter 15 at the moment, so once I finish that I’ve got 8 more to do in the next ~4 weeks. \o/

#RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: WaniKani, KaniWani, Genki II, Anki (soon…)

FAVE: WaniKani. Keeps me on a schedule, and keeps me at least a little active in my studies.
LEAST FAVE: KaniWani. I actually like it, but I just never feel motivated to work through it with the same motivation as WK.
TRY NEW RESOURCE: Nothing for now. I’ll keep going with what I have.

#JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Speaking. Always speaking. I can read just fine, and compose written things that make sense given some time, but once I try verbalizing something it’s as if I proverbially fall flat on my face.
HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Start actually practicing some more. Find speaking partner(s) who will be patient enough to wait for me to stumble through my broken grammar ;-;.

#PROGRESS POST #:1

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL:4
IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL: 7

#GOALS
THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Finish Revising Minna No Nihongo 1 and catch up with the first half of Minna No Nihongo 2 and Basic Kanji Book 2. Print 日本語を楽しく読む本 and finish it. Watch more Japanese dramas and anime.

#RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: Wanikani, Renshuu, Minna no Nihongo, Basic Kanji Book
FAVE: Renshuu
LEAST FAVE: Basic Kanji Book
TRY NEW RESOURCE: 日本語を楽しく読む本、楽しく読もう2、毎日の聞き取り2

#JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Everything
HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE:Study more, listen to more Japanese. The ratio until now was 80% Korean, 20% Japanese, time to switch places.

PROGRESS POST #3

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 8
IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL : 10

#GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: Since I was traveling, my goal was to just be on top of reviews and go up just one level. I was able to get to 8 and during the vacation, I could not do regular reviews. I had almost 600 reviews pending and it took me almost a week to bring them down. Pretty satisfied.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: To be at level 10 and be comfortable with basic vocabulary. In the meantime, I will investigate good grammar books to get started on that. Also, I am thinking of watching at least a couple of Japanese movies.

#RESOURCES
Only WaniKani for now. Will start grammar after hitting 10.

TRY NEW RESOURCE: Want to start on some grammar resource. I wil

#JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Still in the bare basics stage and keeping everything in memory is hard.
HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Continue to be diligent and be on top of reviews

#HELPING OTHERS
TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: I will still say that patience and diligence is key - especially when the going gets tough. Idea is to get up after every fall and power on.

#PROGRESS POST #: 1 (Maybe?)

#WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 17 as of today

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 20

#GOALS

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Continuing leveling up for once. Last time I burned out it took me almost two years to get back on track. No time like the present…

#RESOURCES

CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: Mostly WaniKani. Right now I’m just trying to get back on track here before I dive back into other things. (Also my grammar sucks.)

FAVE: WaniKani, clearly

TRY NEW RESOURCE: One/several grammar SRS resources

#JAPANESE ABILITY

CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Grammar and basic vocab. Frankly, I’m here to geek out about Japanese scripts, but it would be nice to learn more practical parts of the language as well.

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Eventually getting around to a real study schedule :slight_smile:

#HELPING OTHERS

TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: Somehow I don’t feel I am qualified. Then again, I necroed for a couple years and came back, so maybe that’s something. Personally, it helped loads simply to figure out what I enjoyed most about learning Japanese and then finding ways to force myself into doing that. Phone apps, posters and books in my room, etc.

#WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 6

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 9

#GOALS

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Trying to keep up with my self imposed routine, including WK, KW, Anki, Bunpro and finally finishing Genki I.

#RESOURCES

CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: WK, KW, Bunpro. Genki 1 (chapter 10 so far) + Workbook. JPod101 (I’ve been following the Nihongo Doujo series, reinforcing grammar and adding new vocab whenever appears). Every week I read one or two Graded Readers Stories (from White Rabbit), nice little tales; I add any new vocab from here as well.
I’m using the Kanji Study App to practice my kanji writing, as I see It really improves the recall I have from each kanji.
Finally my last tool is Anki, I add vocab from all the resources mentioned, and using the Core10k (with sentences) deck + adding any other word that isn’t there I create my own deck, so far it’s 1100+ words.

FAVE: Graded Readers. To actually read something thats not just part of a grammar example or new vocab example, for me it’s the most rewarding thing so far.

TRY NEW RESOURCE: I really want to find a way to keep my motivated with grammar. I recognize the structure and how good learning tool a book can be, but so far it’s the hardest for me, to actually finish each chapter, I notice how much it’s becoming a drag in my routine.

#JAPANESE ABILITY

CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Speaking probably, though I really try to keep my listening high, 'cause I think it will be a great support for actually speaking as well.

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: I’m betting given my listening it’s high, the speaking part will come out… some hellotalk friends so far, but mainly english conversations with some line in japanese… I guess I’ll start throwing some audio messages just to get the hang of it.

#HELPING OTHERS

TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: Umm, the only useful advise I could provide it’s to check what’s wrong from time to time, whenever you feel the fun it’s gone from your routine. There are several ways to get the same knowledge, and if you feel the way you’re doing it it’s tedious and find yourself avoiding that task in concrete, check for an alternative, most of the time there’s one.
For me, I had many other kanji resources… But they just didn’t work along with WK… it was one or the other. FInally it was WK.
For grammar, I’m finishing Genki 1, but I know I’ll have to check about continuing with volume 2, since it’s the part of my routine that I like the least so far.

1 Like

PROGRESS POST #02

WANIKANI

CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 4 (reached goal)

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL: 7

GOALS

LAST MONTH’S GOAL:

• Finish Chapter 4 of Genki I.
    • After discovering Bunpro (and my reluctance to return to the Genki textbook) I did not continue reading past Chapter 1, hence this goal was not achieved.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL:

• Learn 20 more grammar points on Bunpro.
  • Reduce the backlog of SBS Japanese podcasts to less than 15 by listening to one per day.
    • Currently there are 34 podcasts to listen to. Listening to one per day should bring it below 15 unless they record more than usual this month.

RESOURCES

• WaniKani
  • Bunpro
  • AnkiDroid (manually added Genki vocabulary)
  • SBS Japanese podcast

RESOURCES ON THE SIDELINES:

• Genki I
    • I don’t plan on using this anytime soon but it’s a good resource and it was very useful when I took Japanese at uni.

DISCARDED RESOURCES:

• Japanese Pod 101
    • The voices of the hosts really irritated me.

POTENTIAL RESOURCES TO TRY NEXT:

• Japanese Language Meetups
  • KaniWani

JAPANESE ABILITY

• Everything is still a weakness at the moment. I’ve forgotten a lot of grammar, and both my listening comprehension and spoken Japanese is poor. I also can’t write the kanji I’ve learned on WaniKani - only recognise them.

• When possible I’ll attend the Japanese Language Meetup in my city to work on my conversational Japanese skills. I will continue learning grammar by using Bunpro (though at one stage I will have to practice forming sentences rather than just doing fill-in-the-blank reviews), and I’ll start using KaniWani as part of my kanji writing practice.

HELPING OTHERS

• Be consistent.

PROGRESS POST # 2:
:crabigator:WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 37

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 40

:crabigator:GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT:
n/a– I forgot I did this since last february :sweat_smile:, anyways, I reached all my goals… because it’s been 7 months. I’ve actually been off my studying game on everything outside of WK (and also WK to some extent) for the past month as I was busy with job applications. Now that that’s done, I’d like to get back into it.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Get up to and through Chapter 4 in tobira, get back in the routine with reading and shadowing on satori reader, tackle some of the innumerable vocabulary writing practice I’m behind on, read up to page 63 of A Dictionary of Japanese Grammar (I’m at 28 now)

:crabigator:RESOURCES
-satori reader,
-tobira textbook
-tobira kanji wkbk
-tobira grammar wkbk,
-memrise course for tobira
-wanikani (duh)
–example sentence dictionary thingy (プログレッシブ和英中辞典 - goo辞書 英和和英),
–ji shop app (free version, only good for it’s stroke order diagrams and searching for kanji by reading)
–A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar

FAVE: A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar
LEAST FAVE: Memrise

TRY NEW RESOURCE: Nah, that’s actually a way I procrastinate.

:crabigator:JAPANESE ABILITY

CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Listening and Reading

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Shadowing and reading on satori reader, talking through my grammar questions with my tutor in japanese as much as possible.

:crabigator:HELPING OTHERS

keep doing it. frequency over accuracy. if you have someone who can correct you, than try to make sentences that you aren’t sure are correct, so that you can test the limits of whatever grammar or vocabulary you’re learning.

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 4

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL…7

#GOALS

THIS MONTH’S GOAL:

• Catch up to the book club
  • Catch up with Kaniwani Reviews
  • Get up to chapter 4 in Genki 1

#RESOURCES

• Genki 1
  • Kaniwani

FAVE: Push
LEAST FAVE: Nah, I like them.
TRY NEW RESOURCE: Not yet

#JAPANESE ABILITY
Is it acceptable to say everything? Because everything.

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Time dedicated to WK/KW/Genki

#HELPING OTHERS
From one beginner to another, keep on failing. As someone smart once said, “sucking at something is the first step to becoming sorta good at something”

#PROGRESS POST #: 2

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 13

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 16

#GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: Reach Chapter 7 in Genki I. Did I do it? hahaahano

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Review all finished Genki chapters and have them down pat.

#RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: WaniKani, KaniWani, Memrise, Genki I, BunPro

LEAST FAVE: Genki
TRY NEW RESOURCE: Idunno man

#JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: grammar still

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: do my friggin genki (maybe)
#HELPING OTHERS
I don’t know.

#PROGRESS POST #3

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 14
IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL: 18

#GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: I’ve done pretty damn well for myself in the past month, methinks; I’ve just got to keep going. I did manage to reach my WK goal both level-wise and in terms of getting the lesson-review-level up timing to something more suited to my schedule. I’ve finished the Genki books, but I still need to do a final review of the content before I want to fully commit to my next challenge. I also found an Anki deck and started on that…but I’m not loving it like I thought I would so far. Instead, I’ve revisited Memrise, so I’ll see how that goes.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Since I did so well last month, despite my hectic work schedule, I’ll challenge myself to another crazy set of goals:

1. Get my KW reviews down to less than 100.
  2. Review Genki materials and finish compiling a concise “study guide”/refresher for myself.
  3. Start on Intermediate Japanese textbook. I’d like to finish it within the next 2-3 months in similar fashion to how I tackled the Genki books.
  4. Finish the Udemy N5 Course. It’s mostly review, so I’ve been breezing through it so far.
  5. Get caught up in Bunpro.

#RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: WaniKani, KaniWani, Bunpro, Integrated Approach to Intermediate Japanese, Udemy N5 Course, Genki (for review), Memrise

FAVE: WaniKani. Keeps me on a schedule, and keeps me at least a little active in my studies.
LEAST FAVE: I like everything pretty equally at the moment. Let’s see how that holds up.
TRY NEW RESOURCE: I have plenty of resources to keep me occupied for now.

#JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Speaking. But I’ll struggle with that later; something that I can actually make reasonable strides to improving on in the next month is reading aloud. I’m bad at it even in English.
HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Read aloud.

PROGRESS POST # 1

WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 2
IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL… 6

GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: This is my first month.
THIS MONTH’S GOAL: Sticking with WANIKANI until at least level 15 before other studies
RESOURCES: WANIKANI
FAVE:
LEAST FAVE:

JAPANESE ABILITY: Listening at about N4 level; reading N5ish; speaking N4-N5

CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: reading, speaking

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: WANIKANI everyday

TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: study everyday

PROGRESS POST 2 (1/4/2018):

LAST PROGRESS POST: 12/3/2017

WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 13

IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL: 17

GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT:

• A day away from reaching my level goal, which is both disappointing and yet still encouraging
  • Absolutely did not spend enough time on vocab outside of WK
  • Absolutely did not use Kanji Study at all
  • Have yet to start watching a Japanese drama
  • But I did get better about speaking during my lessons. So at least there’s that.

THIS MONTH’S GOALS:

• Bulk up on vocab (specifically from the textbook my class will be using)
  • Bring KaniWani reviews down to a reasonable number
  • Use Kanji Study for at least 10 minutes every day to practice kanji writing and stroke order
  • Check Bunpro reviews more often
  • Find a Japanese drama to watch

RESOURCES
CURRENT JAPANESE RESOURCES: Wanikani, Kaniwani, Bunpro, Kanji Study (app), Japanese for Busy People I & II (books)

LEAST FAVE: KaniWani (just because I’m drowning in reviews right now)
TRY NEW RESOURCE: SuperNative

JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Speaking and listening

HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: SuperNative and a Japanese drama (hopefully with Japanese subtitles)

HELPING OTHERS
TIP/ADVICE FOR LEARNING JAPANESE: Even if it’s only a little bit, do something every day. Taking a break is a slippery slope to quitting. Even if all you did was try to narrate what you saw that day in your head. (ex. あれは犬です。今月は一月です。私は歩きます。) Just don’t do nothing.

PROGRESS POST #4

#WANIKANI
CURRENT WANIKANI LEVEL: 9
IN ONE MONTH I HOPE TO BE LEVEL : 10

#GOALS
LAST MONTH’S GOAL REPORT: This month has been really hectic with some personal life stuff and could not really spend much time trying to up my level. I tried just staying afloat with the reviews which I would do once in 3-5 days in one sitting and then ignore again. I also did not get a chance to watch Japanese movies as I had planned.

THIS MONTH’S GOAL: To be at level 10 and be comfortable with basic vocabulary. In the meantime, I will investigate good grammar books to get started on that. Also, I am thinking of watching at least a couple of Japanese movies.

#RESOURCES
Only WaniKani for now. Will start grammar after hitting 10.

TRY NEW RESOURCE: Want to start on some grammar resource.

#JAPANESE ABILITY
CURRENT JAPANESE WEAKNESS: Still in the bare basics stage and keeping everything in memory is hard.
HOW I WILL IMPROVE ABOVE: Continue to be diligent and be on top of reviews