文豪ストレイドッグス わん! (Bungou Stray Dogs Wan!) - Home Thread (Hiatus)

Awesome, thank you everyone for voting :heart:

(GRANRODEO, Chuuya’s seiyuu’s band, is doing live concert on Youtube today and I’m in giddy mood.)

It seems we have to start in September anyway, because of ObolioJ. Unless ObolioJ was also just caring about others :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, so I updated the main post and created a schedule for a September start.
Well, technically, August 31st, because it’s easiest for me to create new threads on Mondays, but.

See you all in a month! :partying_face:

@icefang97 well i promised a ping

4 Likes

Let’s start, 皆さん!

I was indecisive whether to create 1 thread per week or per volume, but One Piece book club, which is starting nearly simultaneously, is going 1/volume and they are bigger than us, so I decided to stick with fewer threads after all.

So, here is Volume 1 thread.

2 Likes

Hello! I’d be really excited to join in on this book club.
Although, I’m very new to reading Japanese. Would this be too hard for me to get into?

4 Likes

My books just arrived today and I finished the first oe :slightly_smiling_face: I’d have to say it’s pretty easy, maybe a lot of vocab you’ll need to look up, but it has furigana for unknown kanji, and the grammar’s not too difficult. Good at a first book reading me thinks ^0^ :heart:

Also welcome to Wanikani! :crabigator:

3 Likes

It’s kind of hard to answer that when I have no idea of your level. So I will try to answer your question.
-Since it is a manga there is not an overwhelming amount of text so in that regard, you should be good.
-All kanji have furigana which helps but sometimes there is kanji where there isn’t normally. Some of the kanji are not common so watch out for these.
-I believe grammar is pretty simple. Some things are hard to understand if you haven’t seen the series. -If you have seen the series it should make it easier though.
-The speed is pretty slow so you should be okay.
-If you have questions just ask we will do our best to help you.
-If you do not think this book club is good for you (or you want more) here is the list of all bookclubs

Have fun and don’t hesitate to speak up if you have any questions

3 Likes
2 Likes

@Aislin : There is 6 volumes of Wan
Me: Not anymore

3 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t know if I should post it here but just wanna talk about the anime for a sec.

Bangou stray dog wan anime ep 6

That dance scene was awesome. Did not expect it. Atsuchi dancing caramelldansen making him seen more like a cat. Tanizaki and Naomie dancing the Awa odori I believe. Kunikudi doing radio gysmnastic. The boss just dance perfectly like an idol Then port mafia suddenly appears and glitter everywhere. Chuuya and akutagawa side flip. Then the end when they all poses. Rampo just sees that. I watched it multiple time because I found it so cool. It was something only possible for the anime. It was so funny.

3 Likes
I finally watched this.

Wow, you know your dances :dancer:

Yes, this scene was definitely better in the adaptation ^^

I’m wondering what exactly was supposed to be happening there, as at the end there are only three of them again… and the windows are intact… :joy:

Anyway, best moment of this season so far. :sparkles:

3 Likes
Answer to Aislin

I saw caramelldansen in the comment. I knew about it but forgot the name. The other one was because I lived one year in Tokushima which is where the awa odori was invented. You kinda need to know that.
Mostly coincidences.
Fun fact: The song used in that dance is the 1 OP sang by none other than Chuuya VA.

3 Likes

Yes, I love the fact that he sung 3/4 BSD openings <3

Oh! Awesome :sparkles:

2 Likes

So I just wanted to post a link a a Vtuber channel here

Why am I doing that here? That Vtuber is reading Japanese books. He is not only doing that but the link will bring you to the list of his reading video. I post it in this subs because he reads a lot of Kenji, Akutagawa and I saw a Ranpo one. I just thought it fitted very well with the book content. He also have english and Japanese subtitles(which are not always accurate but good enought when you missed one word or a sentence.)

I can remove it if you think it is not appropriate in this thread. Maybe it would have been better in the miscellaneous one.

2 Likes

Nice find! Let me know your impressions if you listen to one of these :blush:

2 Likes

I listened to the last two he made and I really liked them. It’s a free book and I like how he makes voices. I like this Vtuber so I like it more when he reads Japanese books. You can also read the comments in the comment box which is fun.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like