文豪ストレイドッグス わん! (Bungou Stray Dogs Wan!) - Home Thread (Hiatus)

Yes, I love the fact that he sung 3/4 BSD openings <3

Oh! Awesome :sparkles:

2 Likes

So I just wanted to post a link a a Vtuber channel here

Why am I doing that here? That Vtuber is reading Japanese books. He is not only doing that but the link will bring you to the list of his reading video. I post it in this subs because he reads a lot of Kenji, Akutagawa and I saw a Ranpo one. I just thought it fitted very well with the book content. He also have english and Japanese subtitles(which are not always accurate but good enought when you missed one word or a sentence.)

I can remove it if you think it is not appropriate in this thread. Maybe it would have been better in the miscellaneous one.

2 Likes

Nice find! Let me know your impressions if you listen to one of these :blush:

2 Likes

I listened to the last two he made and I really liked them. It’s a free book and I like how he makes voices. I like this Vtuber so I like it more when he reads Japanese books. You can also read the comments in the comment box which is fun.

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

GOOD NEW GUYS! BOOK 9 COMING OUT MARCH 4.
The Bungou stray dog Wan club is back in business. Gonna pre order it

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if I want to read it right now, but it’s hard to say “no” to your enthusiasm :heart: :flushed:

I guess I’ll make a new thread somewhere closer to March 4th.

1 Like

Ha ha ha. I like these short stories.

1 Like
1 Like

yoooo long time no see @Aislin

new volume out!!!
I’m kinda late but…
wanna read it with me?

2 Likes

Aw, while I’m happy you still remember about our little bookclub, I’m totally not in the mood right now.
And I don’t want to make any promises for the foreseeable future, so don’t wait for me, please. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:sob:
Hope you get back in the mood soon then

@aislin are you feeling up for wan volume 11? I just bought it and gonna read it. Would be fun to have a friend to share my thoughts on it XD

1 Like

I was considering catching up with Wan, but the current main story events irk me too much. :<

Manga is going absolutely ridiculously slow (if it’s because of creator’s personal issues, I would prefer they just suspend it for a while)
Meanwhile anime is going so fast it actually outran manga plot with the last episode (and with the current manga’s speed I wonder how many years until there will be enough material for the next season - or even, when manga will even catch up to the anime)
And what’s worse, even if the anime actually concluded the arc, I don’t like the conclusion! Or the teaser for the next arc! And the fake deaths!

So, I’m not really in the mood for the series right now and I decided to take a long break from it and come back later to check where the plot goes from here. I have to be excited about the main events to be interested in the spin-off’s jokes :<

(Ironically, I just did the Real Dazai trip - mostly visited the places he mentions in his Tsugaru novel. Seeing the tourist attractions & merchandise based on Dazai is a fascinating experience, if you consider how much disconnected he felt from society)

Anyway, I’m really sorry again, and I honestly feel bad, but I don’t want to push myself here. :persevere:

1 Like

Well I believe the anime was first then they made a manga for it so I don’t see it as a problem.

I really liked the plot even though they were lots of exagerated death or deus machina.

It’s okay don’t mind it

It’s seems so much fun. I had no idea there was some Dazai tour. Tell me more about it

1 Like

True for Dead Apple, but not for the main series.
Manga started in 2012, anime started in 2016.

He was asked to write about the region for the magazine, so he revisited the area where he was born, but now looking at it from adult/tourist perspective.
It wasn’t an official tour, I just was using the book as an inspiration for my own individual goals. And I didn’t manage to visit everything.

Some photos:

Dazai’s merch in supermarket in Kanagi, where he was born
Just next to watermelons and other food stuff :smiley:

The wall in Kanagi where there are plates with names of all his works

The train is named Run Melos after his short story and the train lady was reading fragments from “Tsugaru” out loud during the ride

Oh and this street in Kanagi is also named after Melos

They even had BSD volumes in Hirosaki (Dazai stayed there, in his relatives house, during his highschool years, the house is a museum now)

They… have plastic dishes representing the food Dazai ate in Fukaura
He only spend one night there and was quite miserable about the experience
(The lady from the restaurant was too chatty, so he asked her to leave, so she and other staff started ignoring him completely, which wasn’t the result he was aiming for
And then in the place when he spend the night, they only warmed up to him when they realized from which family he is from - they didn’t guess at first, because he used pen name)

Anyway, I didn’t take photos of all the merch, but there were tons of it.
And there were places such as The Cafe Which Dazai Was Visiting Frequently. You could even order “Dazai Blend” there.
(I did order it. For me, it just tasted like regular black coffee, but then, I’m also not a coffee expert.)
(And it’s not like I didn’t buy any merch myself - I got some pins and notebooks with covers stylized after the earliest editions of Dazai’s books :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

This all looked super nice. Lots more trivial things than I expected but nice to know. I haven’t really read any Dazai work except 人間失格 so I don’t know much about his works but I need to read them some day

Thx for sharing

1 Like