文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

@Jamuko I do not think that he was able to implement notifications into the app before he left development. BunPyro certainly is looking promising! We hope that we can work closely with the developer to bring these key features to users. Cheers!

1 Like

Exciting! I’ll be looking forward to it~

Thanks for your work on Bunpro! I’m only just getting started, but I’d love to see it through.

1 Like

July 1, 2020 Update!

The second batch of N1, Lesson 2 is here!

をもって - as of, with, effective from

とはいえ - though, although (I admit that), be that as it may, nonetheless

ならでは - unique to, only, impossible if not, expected only of

ですら - even

あっての - exist only because of/due to, owe everything to

We hope that everyone is staying safe.

Cheers!

20 Likes

14 Likes

Hi,

I’m pretty new here, yet very impressed with what I got for just 3 bucks a month.
Exceptional, extraordinary job! This is the future of language learning. Just wow!

How much is already covered from JLPT grammar points and how many does BP lack from being a one stop for all the grammar? Asking as a highly persevering gaijin - I’m working my ass off and want to stick with BP format for as long as possible.

Also, could you add a flexible payment amount for especially thankful folks?
I’d like to pay more, even though free trial and $3 price made me a subscriber in a millisecond.

3 Likes

There’s quite a bit missing, but as far as /passing/ the JLPT goes, it’s enough up to N2. They’re still working on N1 at the moment, that’s the main focus right now.

Here’s a comprehensive list of grammar currently missing:

Feel free to add more to it if you come across any.

I doubt any one resource will ever be a “one stop for all the grammar”, but Bunpro certainly contains a lot as it is. :slight_smile:

I feel that x’D I bought a discounted lifetime forever ago, wouldn’t mind dropping a couple bucks more every now and again for how useful they are. Or maybe pick up some stickers like WK, they could make a little merch shop :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I just got the example sentence

こういちみたいに日本語教えたい。

Definitely a reference to the Tofugu Kouichi. :smile:

8 Likes

Update! - July 16, 2020

The third batch of N1, Lesson 2 is here!

〜たまでだ - just, merely・simply, only

を経て - via, through, after (experience at job/university/etc.), pass through

ながらに - while ~ing, born (with), traditional, as always

たなり・なり - while… ~ing, remaining, not/ever since, keep/leave

の極み - ultimate, extreme, utter, epitome, peak

P.S. We have also added the last missing Tobira grammar point!

〜かは〜によって違う・〜かどうかは〜による - depends on, changes depending on, differ depending on - Tobira Chapter 1・Bunpro N3, L3

Cheers!

18 Likes

UI/UX Update! - August 5, 2020

Hello all!

We have modified some features to make Bunpro more accessible and to improve your overall experience.

We have changed the color of nuance hints, grammar notes, and other text that was originally orange to improve legibility when using Modern in your display settings.

Hints that appear in the answer blank now move to above the Japanese sentence when you start typing instead of disappearing.

Let us know what you think!

Cheers!

28 Likes

That’s great! I hated having to delete what I was typing when I forget whether it wanted me to give a polite or casual version.

13 Likes

This is great! I often immediately forget what the note says, so this is very helpful.

6 Likes

:smiley: Yay! Great change! :clap:

4 Likes

Update! - August 6, 2020

Asher and Haruna have recorded, edited, and uploaded over 360 new N3 sentences from 〜ようとする to で言うと. These sentences are now available on Bunpro and for download on Google Drive.

Thanks again to Asher and Haruna for all of their hard work.

Cheers!

18 Likes

Update! - August 9, 2020

The fourth and final batch of N1, Lesson 2 is here!

にしてみたら・にしてみれば - for, in the case of, if A were to look at it, in the eyes of A

だの - things like, and so on, or something, and whatnot

くまでも - to the (bitter) end, stubbornly, persistently

- for the purpose of, in order to, to ensure

ところ(を) - when, while, in spite of (the circumstances), regardless of (the circumstances)

Cheers!

18 Likes

Update! - August 26, 2020

The first batch of N1, Lesson 3 is here!

からある・からいる - as much as, as many as, at least

にして② - to be ~ and ~, to be ~ as well as ~, both ~ and ~

つ〜つ - two contrasting actions

くまでも② - just, only merely, strictly

であれ〜であれ - whether or, or, no matter which, in either case

Cheers!

23 Likes

Update! - September 1, 2020

WK API Version 2!

Bunpro is now compatible with version 2 of the Wanikani API!

Bunpro will now hide furigana for kanji at SRS level 5 (guru) or above.

You can update your API token to version 2 in your settings.

New Audio!

@Asher and Haruna have recorded, edited, and uploaded over 1400 new sentences from N3’s 第一 to N2’s 確かに.

This means that all of the audio for N3 is complete. We have uploaded the last batch of N3 to Bunpro and you can download the files from Google Drive.

The first batch of N2 audio will be made available on Bunpro later tonight. However, you can download it now from Google Drive.

Edit: The N2 audio files are now also available on Bunpro.

Thanks again to Asher and Haruna for all of their hard work.

Cheers!

20 Likes

Your site was perfect for learning N4 grammar, but I could tell it was starting to lack in Audio samples the further I got to the end of N4 and beginning of N3. Thank you so much for keeping your promises to deliver more much needed audio files, might have to upgrade to that life time account now!

3 Likes

It appears that it still says to use API version one in the textbox. You may want to fix this!

4 Likes

@ApexNihon Thank you for your kind words and for your interest in becoming a Lifetime Member. The real thanks go to @Asher and his partner, Haruna Oka, who have spent countless hours recording, editing, and uploading hundreds of audio files only to ask for nothing in return. They are amazing people who have helped Bunpro grow and become more accessible to everyone. Cheers!

@MegaZeroX Nice spot! We have updated the API textbox to request version 2. Cheers!

5 Likes

Hey there!
Sorry to message here, but I can’t log into Bunpro on Chrome via my home PC and work PC - It works in Firefox (Although i’d like to keep in it Chrome). I sent an email to the BunPro feedback email but just waiting for a response.

Well, i just figured it out… Tampermonkey scripts were causing an error when logging in! >< Thanks for your help though! :smiley:

2 Likes