文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

@ecsamar We promise that we didn’t forget about you! We are just having difficulting recreating the issue that you are having on our end. We have tried using the same accounts across multiple devices without any problems. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? We will let you know as soon as we find a solution. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Cheers!

Okay, here’s what I did this time:

1. I deleted the app from both phones and then turned off both phones to reboot.
  2. I reinstalled the app first to Phone #2 this time (from where it was NOT working before). I tried to login. I was able to login.
  3. I reinstalled the app to Phone #1 (from where it was working before). I opened the app. I didn’t need to login, I was still logged in despite me deleting the app before rebooting the phone. I logged out. I tried to login again. Now I it remains to be working.

Whew! I don’t know what happened why it was not working before, but thank you very much and keep up the good work, guys! I’m trying to do three lessons every day and I just began my N4 lessons yesterday. I hope the N1 lessons will be there when I get to sustain this schedule and finish all the earlier levels within the next three months (wishful thinking)!

4 Likes

@ecsamar Yay! We are so glad that you got it to work. Sorry that you had to go through so much trouble to get things running. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues. N1 is a very different beast, but we hope to have something for you soon as well as some additional grammar points that need to be added to the lower levels. Cheers!

Hi and sorry for not reading through the entire thread before asking this: I guess an Anki mode is still nothing that will happen in the forseeable future?

I really, really like the idea of Bunpro and where it is going and I want to get back into it again and again. But after typing on my phone for 10 reviews or so I‘m just too frustrated to continue. (I obviously also use the Anki mode for WaniKani, otherwise I might mind less; but I‘d rather not use WaniKani than using it without Anki mode).

Would it be even possible to do this via a script? Probably not since there is no API that is comparable to WaniKani, right?

Edit: I don’t seem to be the only one who would prefer a solution without typing. Coincidentally this was also posted yesterday but by someone else: https://www.reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/ai02dy/website_like_bunpro_but_with_recognition_only/

1 Like

Hi I just have a quick question. I don’t know if this has been mentioned in 2400ish comments, I didn’t look through all of them. As I’ve just started with WK (currently started lv 3) I would like to know at which WK level you recommend to start using Bunpro? Or at which level you have started using Bunpro and if you think it was a good level to start or if you would like to have started sooner or later.

Thanks in advance to everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any ETA for the missing Genki II lessons?

2 Likes

I wouldn’t wait. Initially I tried to study hard to understand the bunpro lessons, but increasingly I find it’s often more useful just to do the reviews and get them wrong again and again until finally it clicks. I would say as soon as you vaguely understand basic particles and simple verb conjugation just jump in.

3 Likes

You should start learning a little bit of grammar every day as soon as possible. Maybe one or two points a day at least.

Bunpro has a “paths” options that’ll give you grammar that appears in various beginner text books such as Genki and Minna no Nihongo. Bunpro’s explanations are not very thorough so it’s best to learn from the textbooks and then use Bunpro to review the points.

Or if you think textbooks are boring you can do whatever you want really.

5 Likes

which ever way you want.

1 Like

@irrelephant Thank you for your inquiry. While an Anki mode is something that we would like to eventually make available to everyone, especially mobile users, it will have to wait until we have more of the site fleshed out and more of the kinks ironed out. We are also working on the API to make it more versatile. Cheers!

@madmalkav We would like to flesh out our current content as much as possible before adding the future grammar points that appear in the Genki lessons that you speak of. As soon as N2 has 12 example sentences and 12 study questions we will start filling in the gaps. Adding individual grammar points will be a much faster process than adding entire levels, so once we start implementing them they will become available much more quickly. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@jonmcewen, @Raionus, and @MajesticSlothMan Thank you all for your responses to @Chiiyhra. @Chiiyhra Welcome! If you have any questions or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience please do not hesitate to let us know. Cheers!

1 Like

@pushindawood Hey guys, been using your site for a while now. Just swapped to the new beta app from the old beta app, everything is working fine except I’ve noticed this “new” app takes a while to sync my reviews. The old app I could open, let it load for 5 seconds, and then I’d have everything sync’d. But on this new app I literally sat there waiting for 30s before it updated the app with my current reviews.

Did something switch between the old app and the new app?

The apps saves your login token in the system keychain, that’s why you don’t need to enter it again if it is still valid :slight_smile:

Actually yes, it did.
At first the database was filigreed with the installation of the app itself but since there is constantly a lot of change with new and altered content, that was removed as the app fetches the data after you logged in.
The database is quite large actually with over 30k entries, so it takes some time to parse and save.
Your reviews will load at the same (needed to calculate the progress) and that can take some time depending of how many you have.

But there is a little bug that can prevent the progress bars from being updated. This is due to a missing update call once your grammar is ready… :sweat_smile: the reviews are ready and could be used for the update of your progress, but the grammar points aren’t, so it shows 0/0 everywhere…

I’m…not sure if any of that answered my question, lol.

2 Likes

Well… maybe it didn’t xD
Do you have a lot of reviews? I mean done a lot, not currently have a lot.
I may have to optimize that a bit.

By “done a lot” do you mean total throughout my time on the site? Yeah, probably thousands, if not more. I have N5->N3 studied, and some of N2 studied.

This is what I had when I opened the app just now. I counted, it took 45 seconds for the spinning circle to stop and for my reviews to show up.

1 Like

My god I was doing lessons and that bunny scared the shit out of me. I thought it was a spider I jumped back.:fearful:

2 Likes

Update! - January 25, 2019

N2 Lesson 4 now has 12 sentences and 12 review questions!

The top menu bar on both modern and modern dark modes is now a fixed nav bar so that you can access the menu no matter where you are on a page. Let us know what you think. Cheers!

5 Likes

I keep answering verb+のができる to questions asking for verb+ことができる and getting it wrong, and it annoys me. Is the former actually incorrect? :sweat:

It is indeed incorrect. It’s one of the main examples of cases where の and こと cannot be used interchangeably.

Found a link with all of them:

10 Likes