文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

I look back when I was first trying to learn japanese, back in 2010~11 and basically all I did was learning hiragana and katakana and then felt overwhelmed to even begin to open some books to learn kanji and grammar

To think that such impressive websites exists nowadays.
It’s soooo easy to learn, soo easy

What a time to be alive. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@JavaSparrow Thank you for your wonderful feedback and kind words! We hope that we can continue to live up to your expectations! Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is any way that we can improve your experience. Cheers!

@Ninkastmin Thank you for your comment and kind words! Back when we first started learning Japanese we felt the same way and wished that something like Wanikani or Bunpro was available. It will be fun to see how language-learning evolves and what kind of websites come about in the future. Cheers!

4 Likes

Eh, I just wanted to brag a bit - you caught me here :wink:

No, seriously. I don’t want to imply you should put lots of stuff there, it would just be nice if you did not shorten the text (so that one can actually read it!) if the display is wide enough.

2 Likes

Paths? And Tobira is included?? Tobira has been sitting on my desk, mostly unused, but this seems like an excellent feature to help me walk through it!! Thank you!

3 Likes

That’s a good point. Might as well use the space that’s there.

1 Like

@NicoleIsEnough Thank you for your feedback! We will see what we can do. Cheers!

@quadban There are still some grammar points that appear in Tobira that we have yet to add to Bunpro. However, we hope to have these to you soon so that you can add them to your review queue. Cheers!

1 Like

Paths is an awesome idea, and initially one that turned me off bunpro because I didn’t want to have yet another SRS system (I already had WK and anki) just adding to my list of things to do when the grammar it was teaching didn’t coincide with what I already covered.

Don’t forget to add Japanese from zero! I may consider giving the app another try this weekend after seeing the improvements you’ve made, but adding JFZ to the paths would really help to win me over.

2 Likes

Fantastic. Now you just need to make a path called “Textfugu”, and this would be all we were asking for the currently rip off called Textfugu/EtoEto.

@pushindawood I get an error " We’re sorry, but something went wrong" when trying to access Bunpro right now. Any idea ?

2 Likes

What page is giving you that error?

I had the same issue around the same time Arzar33 posted, it seems to have resolved itself. .o.

3 Likes

The addition of paths is brilliant. I love it a ton.

1 Like

Yes, seems to be solved now here too !

1 Like

Just a small UI bug I noticed― the progress bar fill color bleeds into the scrollbar:

Also, the “Your Gravatar” balloon popup loves to show itself a lot, even when my mouse is nowhere near it.

EDIT 1: I don’t even know what is happening with the scrollbar anymore…

EDIT 2: The “paths” idea is awesome, but in the interface (specifically Tobira’s grammar by chapter) doesn’t show the English equivalent on mouseover like it does when you sort grammar by NX levels.

2 Likes

I’m a Noob of about three months of study. As far as constructive criticism goes, my personal experience was that its way too much too fast. As the foundation of grammar is just being built, I found that there isn’t enough repetition to lock things in and it began to confuse other sources, such as books that have more of methodical approach.Also, I use Duolingo and that site just has a way of hammering things into your brain (repetition and grammatical structuring requiring the user to dissect the pieces) Perhaps a year down the road I may find more use but for now, tools that confuse the learning process must be removed from my curriculum. Looking forward to revisiting when I am better. I can see the value, just someone at my level isn’t quite ready for the onslaught…but again, that just may be me. Much respect.

2 Likes

@jsroberts92 Thank you for your feedback and for giving Bunpro another shot! We hope to expand Paths to incorporate a variety of textbooks so that as many people can benefit as possible. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@jccr Thank you for your comment. We think that Texfugu/EtoEto has a great deal of potential and we are excited to see what they can do with it. Cheers!

@Arzar33 and @halilicherie Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems. Cheers!

@josephspoelstra Thank you for your kind words! Please let us know if you have any feedback or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

@jbradleyc Thank you for your feedback. We have added the scrollbar issue and gravatar mouseover to our bugs list. We hope to have them squashed fixed ASAP. We will push a new update soon to include English on mouseover for Paths. Cheers!

@Kikaida01 Thank you for your feedback! What was it about Bunpro that you found was too fast? Were you using the Study feature or Paths? We tried to set up Bunpro so that you could go at your own pace; study what you wanted, when you wanted. If the amount of grammar that you were studying was not the issue, was it the content? We would love to hear how we can improve your experience with Bunpro. Thank you for your time. Cheers!

1 Like

Is the site down? I can’t access it from the iOS app either.

3 Likes

Should be back up. Sorry about that!

7 Likes

Site still down here. It happened after reviewing a batch of recently learned items. Can’t access any part of the site now. The homepage seems to be fine when not logged in, though.

1 Like

I have trouble logging in as well, though for now it seems more stable. I did saw Minna no Nihongo II briefly on the Path but now it’s gone. Probably there’s some content upgrade in the background happening right now.

1 Like