文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

Thank you for your feedback and signing up! We are working on making the scrolling work across multiple platforms, so bear with us until we find a solution that is practical and aesthetically pleasing on all devices.

3 Likes

Don’t know if I’m doing something stupid, but I’ve got this wrong a dozen times and don’t know what else to input:

Edit: I finally got it correct by entering に. Drop down is still for へ though.

Also, shouldn’t the furigana be たか?

2 Likes

At the very least you are getting to learn the joys of modern web development. These days your page has to be designed to work on everything from a 4" screen to a 60" screen with every aspect ratio in between. All while maintaining compatibility with at least 4 major browsers…and someone will eventually ask you why it doesn’t work on IE6.

Might want to check out http://getbootstrap.com/ sometime if you haven’t. Pretty good library for handling a lot of the desktop/tablet/mobile aspect of design.

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such detailed feedback and suggestions.

1. Swipe gestures should now be more fluid and shouldn’t interfere with scrolling up and down. We have also added a temporary “hint” to instruct new users that is a swipe is required for navigation. Mobile has been on the backburner for a some time as we have been trying to get the browser site as functional and aesthetically pleasing as possible. We will do our best to continue to improve upon both mobile and tablet experiences.

2. @Alert105 also mentioned the scroll for more info was a little wonky and we are working on making it better.

3. As mentioned above, mobile is getting more attention as we receive more comments on how to improve it. Hopefully, we’ll have everything arranged and looking spiffy in no time.

4. When we first implemented it, we struggled with having it automatically turned on or off from the start. It is certainly a good idea to give the user the ability to make that choice on their own and will make it happen.

5. I had not thought of this before. It seemed logical to include a profile under “Account”. We will play around with where to include users’ info.

6. Working on getting the Grammar search fixed now.

Thank you for being patient with us and giving your time to help provide suggestions on improving the site. We will do our best to meet your expectations!

Cheers

Edit: Grammar search should be fixed.

5 Likes

You have done nothing wrong. That’s our bad. You are correct in both instances. We will get those fixed immediately. Thank you for letting us know.

@riccyjay Edit: Both the へ entry and incorrect furigana should be fixed. Thank you again for pointing them out to us.

5 Likes

Thank you for your understanding and providing links. They will most certainly become invaluable resources.

2 Likes

Started using this, seems great! I’ve barely started learning grammar, so it’s really nice for me.

• I can’t complete my last review, it’s the は particle. I answer correctly, then I get sent back to the start screen, but it says I haven’t reviewed は, and when I go back to reviews it’s still there.

• I would love to be able to use the enter key on my keyboard to enter answers.

• I get the feeling I’m supposed to be able to click the arrow under the text box after reviews, but it doesn’t work. I tried clicking it, scrolling and clicking and dragging without success. Same issue for the toggle English button.

I think I’ll use this a lot in the future. Thanks for making this, I hope will keep working on it for some time! :smiley:

Edit: I’m on a laptop running Ubuntu 16.04 and using Firefox. If you need more info, just ask :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. We will get right on it!

3 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you so much for doing this, grammar is my weak point and I always wanted something like this.

2 Likes

Can’t wait until this has N3. Hopefully it isn’t too far off in the future. Lol I read someone else say this as well, but I’d be more than happy to donate for this project. :grin:

3 Likes

A dream coming true :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh btw have you heart of renshuu.org? You can use it as resource, too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is awesome.

2 Likes

Fantastic. I think you addressed everything already. Only one thing left.

Summary

5 Likes

When I’m going through new lessons it would be nice if it would skip ones I already did. (I did them out of order.)

Also, I’m sure the profile(stats) page will get unwieldy at some point, but I don’t have any ideas right now. (Brain is kinda toasty.)

2 Likes

Oh wow I’ve wanted something like this for years. Thank you so much for putting thing together, signed up and will incorporate into my study time today!

2 Likes

@Liras Thank you so much for trying it out. We hope that your studies will benefit from it. Let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience.

@Hydromyst Thank you so much for your offer. We will keep you updated as we release more JLPT levels. Thank you for trying us out!

@ianwarelec Welcome! Let us know if you have any suggestions or feedback.

@doku-chan We love Renshuu and have tried to incorporate it into our additional resources as much as possible. Let us know if you have any other sites that you frequent that Bunpro could benefit from.

@delphia We’re glad that you like it! Welcome!

@alexbeldan Thank you for all of your suggestions and willingness to give us support! It has motivated us to try and make Bunpro the best it can be. The ability to skip lessons that have already been studied is a fantastic idea. We will see what we can do.

@leneux Thank you taking the time out of your day to sign up and try it out! Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience better. Cheers!

3 Likes

Thanks for making this!

I’m trying it out from my Windows laptop.

On firefox, the pulldown doesn’t work for me, but it works fine on chrome.

Is there a keyboard shortcup for toggling the pulldown? Also, if I click the pulldown, I can’t press ‘enter’ to continue to the next item like normal.

3 Likes

oooo-eeeee

Looking forward to trying this out!

2 Likes

just signed up looks cool :slight_smile: thank you guys for all the effort that when and is still going in to this

:slight_smile:

2 Likes