手に入れる世界は vs 手に入れた世界は meaning

Today I learnt that The Pilgrim’s Progress is called 天路歴程 in Japanese. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hmm… not sure if it’s old form or outdated, maybe it’s been replaced with new ones?

Couldn’t find good picture, but it’s 捷. Can find it at many places:

Interestingly it returns 早い (which is the most common meaning for 捷). And says: 捷い: Out-dated kanji.

At wiki: 捷 - Wiktionary

Says:

Kanji

(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names )

Readings

Jim Breen dictionary also has long list of the various meanings on that kanji.

Yeah, from what I can tell it’s just a rare kanji. It hasn’t been updated or replaced.

https://www.kanjipedia.jp/kanji/0003395800

I think Jisho generally uses “out-dated” basically as a catch-all for “not jouyou.” But on its own, it’s not like it’s an old version of 早 or anything.

WaniKani teaches some jinmeiyou kanji, but I think less than 100. Or if more than 100, not many more. There are close to 1000 I believe, so no real reason for WaniKani to go that crazy with them.

1 Like

I think you should get “腕に彫った漢字”. I think it would look best on your leg.

But seriously, if you have to ask what a phrase means, the answer is “do not get that”. Plus, have you seen the handwriting thread? You think a tattoo artist that doesn’t speak or write Japanese is going to get the stroke weight, direction, flow, proportions right? Writing isn’t the same as copying a picture.

2 Likes

Well any tattoo artist worth their salt will take the picture you provide and make it exactly same, so if the picture has correct strokes it’ll be good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.