少女終末旅行: Chapter 6 Discussion

:eyes:

4 Likes

Page 98

Again, this thread, and the wordlist, is amazing! Thank you everyone who has contributed to it. I’ve not finished this chapter yet, in fact I’ve only just started, but I just had to say how valuable it has been to me already. Regarding the discussion on page 98, thank you @shuly for your questions and thank you @Belthazar, @Kazzeon, and @Naphthalene for your great responses.

Reading this discussion, I can see and appreciate how amazing the English translation is on Animelon. In fact, I’m going to read even slower now as I work through the wordlist, these great threads, and then, finally, the translations there. What a fabulous project! Thank you again!

5 Likes

All I felt like I did was whine and complain and ask too many questions…it’s those folks that answered that are the real heroes! Glad my questions are helping you get through everything. I was going to go through book 2 and other stuff, but decided to put it all away until I finish the last of my textbooks before I get back into trying to read native stuff that’s hard. (probably another 2 months or so)…

This book really chewed up my time (as it is probably doing the same for you). It was genuinely above my skillset. If it weren’t for @Belthazar, @Kazzeon, @Naphthalene (I’m sure I’ll forget a name so just going to stop there)…it was all of their help that got me through it and it was the first book I ever read in Japanese cover to cover! (with a lot of help but I did it)…

I will read the rest of them eventually. I did buy them all! :laughing: might read fujinekochan first though…that’s quite a bit easier :wink:

4 Likes

I know exactly what you mean! I started learning Japanese about 2 years ago and I started with Yotsuba (I can’t abide textbooks!). It is still massively above my level but, with the help of the very same people (Kazzeon and Belthazar and others are true heroes) I worked my way through over 8 volumes before calling it a day. I can only read Girl’s Last Tour now due to the wordlist, the anime, and this thread. The answers are wonderful of course, but credit must also go to you… you are the person brave enough and persistent enough to ask the questions, without which there would be no answers. Thank you!

3 Likes

this makes me want to crack open volume two right now…arg! I’ve only been studying a year now…My Japanniversary was yesterday. Have studied a tiny bit every day even when I didn’t want to. I can finally see the kanji paying off though…I want to tell everyone that wants to learn Japanese but doesn’t want to learn kanji to just don’t even bother starting…as annoying as kanji is…it’s soooooo much worse without it! Also it’s nice to watch the language and meanings of things slowly unfold before my eyes haha…

haha…that’s too funny…I guess it’s cuz I’m old … life experience… and what not…

I’m an engineer and people are afraid to ask questions in meetings etc…and usually everyone has the question but it takes one person to just ask…so I figure WTH…if I look stupid from time to time…who cares…

So take this as a learning lesson when you go through your next book or whatever…ask as many questions as you can and you’ll help someone else down the road! :beers:

I just realized I’m hijacking the thread…sorry! back to the ch6 stuff…and my reviews that piled up today…ugh I think the crabigator is part rabbit too!

2 Likes