容疑者Xの献身 - The Devotion of Suspect X 🌹 (Advanced Book Club)

I can try to find a used paperback for you if you don’t want to pay for new edition + shipping

I lucked out in finding the is book on ebay the other day. I’m looking forward to getting to read this on paper eventually. :slight_smile:

Really? :scream: Are you in Japan? Wouldn’t a single book have quite an expensive shipping cost still, though?

I was thinking maybe if I buy stuff in bulk, the cost of the shipping is a bit more bearable.

1 Like

Welcome to week 2! Let’s see where the story takes us from here :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sorry I missed this reply last week! Yes, and yes (my guess the book would be less than 10 bucks with ~60 for shipping) but hey I thought maybe you were an American and wanted to use those 600 Biden Bucks.

Welcome to week 3! As the story unfolds, let’s see which direction it will take :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And it’s time for week 4 :slight_smile:

A quick heads up for those of you who so far needed a fair amount of time to read the weekly assignments:
This week will bring us a leisurely 34 pages, while next week gets a steep ramp-up to 49 pages (followed by a week with 36 pages), so if you want to reduce next week’s load a bit, please feel free to read ahead to spread the pages more evenly across the three weeks. (Of course, no spoilers please :grin:)

4 Likes

Here we are at week 5 :slight_smile:

Like I said, this is our longest week with 49 pages, so pace yourself…

Also, I did not yet manage to fix the list of readings - will do so over the weekend, promise :innocent:

4 Likes

I hope you all arrived safely at week 6!

For recreational purposes, we are facing a short week this time, with only 36 pages.
Also, this week will get us past the 50% mark!

6 Likes

Just when I was about to catch up :smile:. Hopefully I can do it this week with the shorter page count.

4 Likes

Time flies - we’re already in Week 7!

Also, I’ve finally gotten around to presenting the proper nouns in a better way in the weekly threads - I hope you like it this way! (If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free!)

4 Likes

So, I have been reading in Japanese for the past few years but lately been wanting to advance beyond anime stuff.

I got both of the books (the ones for the current and upcoming group read). Started reading yesterday and have completed the second chapter. Not sure if it is possible but I plan to catch up by Week 9. If I can’t do it, then I’d atleast join you guys for the next one from the beginning.

Hoping to have some fun conversations in future. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

On to Week 8:

4 Likes

Wow - only two weeks left! Let’s see how everything turns out eventually :upside_down_face:

1 Like

The final week is here! Will everything fall into place in the end? The tension is real…

5 Likes

I finally decided to buy the book while it was on coin back sale on bookwalker :eyes: :sparkles: Was hoping I could catch up, but I didn’t know the book club had reached the final week already! :scream_cat:

8 Likes

You can still catch up!

7 Likes

That’s very optimistic :joy:

7 Likes

Satisfaction Poll Time!

Have you read 容疑者Xの献身?

• I finished it
  • I’m still reading and I plan on finishing it
  • I don’t plan to finish it
  • I never even started it

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate it on a 5 point scale? (1: hated it, 5: loved it)

• Unsure / Didn’t finish

0 voters

If you read the book, how would you rate its difficulty?

• No effort at all
  • Minimal effort
  • Moderate effort
  • Significant effort
  • So much effort my head might explode
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Participation Statistics

Looking at these stats, I must say I truly loved this book club! I think we don’t usually have such a consistent number of participants basically from week 4 all the way to the end :+1: Also the discussions were kept alive until the end - with this amazing spike of comments in week 6! Thanks to all who participated in reading and who shared their thoughts in the threads.
And of course a special thanks to @miwuc who tirelessly researched all names that appeared in the book! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

Thank you for doing all the work for the weekly threads!

8 Likes