大海原と大海原 ・Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea Volume 3 Off-Shoot Club Chapter 2 Thread

Welcome to the Wadanohara Off-Shoot Book Club for Volume 3 Chapter 2 Thread!

This book club is for people who want to continue reading Wadanohara, which we started with the absolute beginners book club.
The homethread for the first volume is located here-> Volume 1 Homethread
The homethread for the second volume is located here-> Volume 2 Homethread
The homethread for the third volume is located here-> Volume 3 Homethread

Volume 3 Summary

Long-awaited by fans all over the world! The creator himself made a comic of the undersea pure love RPG !!

The Sea Empire, the birthplace of the sea witch “Wadanohara”, has been invaded by the Totsusa Empire. But when the Princess of the Sea Empire is attacked by the Princess of the Usagi Empire, she is forced to fight back - but after much thought, the two are reconciled.
Far away, Samekichi, a former familiar of Wadanohara, is thinking: “I’m sure I’ll be able to protect you.”
What is the true meaning of Samekichi’s thought?
Now, all the truth will be revealed.

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Feb 5th Chapter 1 2 to 32 31
Feb 12th Chapter 2 36 to 56 21
Feb 19th Chapter 3 60 to 86 27
Feb 26th Chapter 4 90 to 118 29
Mar 5th Chapter 5 122 to 148 27
Mar 12th Chapter 6 152 to 174 23
Mar 19th Chapter 7 178 to 196 19
Mar 26th Chapter 8 200 to 226 27
Apr 2nd Chapter 9 230 to 250 21
Apr 9th Chapter 10 254 to 280 27
Apr 16th Last Chapter 284 to 320 37

There are two bonus pages at the end of each chapter, which I did not include in the page count.

Please note: There are no page numbers, so I simply assigned them starting from the first page.

Where to read the book

This volume is ONLY available online at pixiv.net. Here are the links to all chapters:

Vocab

RULES, How to contribute to this vocab sheet: The more people contribute to the vocab sheet the more helpful it is for everyone, so please don’t feel shy about adding to it!

Participants

How is your reading going?
  • I’m reading with the schedule
  • I’m a bit behind
  • I’m gonna catch up later
  • I’m no longer reading

0 voters

2 Likes

5 Likes

Already finished this week’s reading! Although the chapter was a bit dark, I still enjoyed it a lot, because we got some background!

As always, I have a few questions:

Page 45/45

S44_1.PNG
S45_1

I’m fairly confident, that I understand what is said here, but I’m not sure what it means… My translation: Nee, Wadanohara, do you think this ocean has the correct form? That’s incorrect. This ocean is incorrect! That’s why, i must be corrected to its ideal form. Do you understand?
Is this supposed to be vague? I think the “correct form” he is referring to, is the time before the godess of the sea began her slumber. But what is Wadanohara supposed to understand? And how are the consecutive actions linked to what is said here? How is r*ping Wadanohara gonna make her understand? And what exactly is she supposed to understand? Just wondering if I’m missing something or if I will eventually understand, if I keep reading…

Page 51

I’m not sure how to parse this sentence. What is the verb? だ? What I have so far:
この僕が: I
死の海の眷属だ: am a familiar of the ocean of death
って: usually used for quoting something, but what? :woman_shrugging:
ことも: thing too

So: The thing which is said too: I am a familiear of the ocean of death.

Page 54

I’m struggeling with the second part here… I think the first part means: I just didn’t trust you. I believe が is then used in the meaning of and and connects both parts. あっち側 probably refers to Wadanohara (the side of this person). I have no idea what とはな means… Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

3 Likes
Page 45

The ‘correct form’ he’s referring to is the ‘Sea of Death’ ruled by Princess Mikotsu instead of the Sea Kingdom as it was under Princess Uomi. What he wants Wadanohara to understand is that the Sea of Death is the way the sea ‘should be’.

Implications aside, it’s not expressly spelled out here what he plans to do to Wadanohara, but the game implies in a scene that didn’t make it into the manga that he wanted to use the sword to torture and brainwash Wadanohara into becoming a follower of the Sea of Death.

Page 51

This isn’t a complete sentence by itself, you have to look at the context to understand the meaning.
What he says right before that is:
Basically, it’s a continuation of the sentence in that panel. “You didn’t know anything at all, that I am the follower of the Sea of Death.”

Page 54

が means ‘but’ here. It’s a contrast usage. ‘I couldn’t trust you, at least, but…’
あっち側 is ‘the other side’ or the ‘the opposite side’. It’s a metaphorical side, not a literal side. He’s referring to the ‘Red Sea’ in an indirect way, like saying “you’re one of them”.
とは is just the と particle attached to the は particle with な for emphasis/showing emotion. You’re kind of supposed to fill in the blanks based on the context as to what kind of verb should go after と. Probably something like 思えない or 信じられない.
The idea is that he didn’t trust Syake in the first place, but even so he’s shocked that Syake was actually with the Red Sea all along.

7 Likes

Thanks so much to whoever is filling out the vocab sheet! It’s really helping. Aside from the lack of furigana, the grammar doesn’t seem to be too bad in this chapter.

Story thoughts

I knew this chapter would be pretty dark. It was a bit hard to read but I got through it. I don’t think I’ll have as much of an issue with the gore in later chapters.

That makes sense, and it’s better than what’s implied from just reading the manga. Before reading your explanation I was also wondering how しゃけさん’s actions made sense towards his goals.

Anyways, still loving the art and the backstory!

2 Likes

He does have a pretty unhealthy obsession with Wadanohara both in the original game and in the manga, so I wouldn’t completely rule out him doing it just because he wanted to.

5 Likes

Chapter 3 thread is up!

1 Like

I’m a bit late to the fun but I got to reading this week’s chapter finally, and just had to make a meme

I spent too much time on this

2 Likes