☕ 夜カフェ ☕ (Offshoot Book Club) Home Thread (Starting Book 5 from July 1st)

I just checked and I have volume 5 too!

I’ll probably read volume 4. I wouldn’t mind at least 1 week’s break though.

2 Likes

Welcome to the last week of volume 3! Anything from the book is safe to discuss (with spoiler warnings of course).

I don’t mind a break if anyone could use it before starting volume 4. Is everyone okay with a 2 week break, or would a one-week break be better?

2 Likes

2 week break ok for me - I’ve caught up, so could manage without, but I’m behind on several other clubs.

3 Likes

I’m fine with 2 weeks too

1 Like

It sounds like it’s unanimously agreed that starting 2 weeks later works for everyone currently reading. Hopefully it helps those trying to catch up as well!

So we’ll start volume 4 on March 4th.

I’ve added a temporary schedule for volume 4 just above volume 3’s schedule. We’re looking at 12 chapters with the highest page count being chapter 12 at 18 pages plus 5 extra pages. It looks like 14-15 pages is the normal length for most chapters. If we continue at a pace of 1 week per chapter, we’ll finish by May 20.

Now for more polls!

Do you want to continue to read at 1 chapter per week?
  • Yes, that’s fine
  • Let’s go slower (please comment your preference)
  • Let’s go faster (please comment your preference)

0 voters

Do we need a break halfway?
  • Yes, a week break halfway
  • No
  • Let’s check in again a few weeks into reading
  • New idea (please comment)

0 voters

How do you want to organize the next discussion thread?
  • Same as before (all discussion for vol 4 in one thread)
  • New discussion threads per chapter
  • New idea (please comment)

0 voters

Welcome back to volume 4! The volume 4 discussion thread is up, and we can officially start discussing chapter 1 from today.

2 Likes

Volume 4 chapter 2 discussion starts from this week:

4 Likes

Volume 4 chapter 3 discussion is up!

3 Likes

For volume 4 chapter 4:

2 Likes

For volume 4 chapter 5:

2 Likes

We’re almost halfway done! How are you guys doing?

• I’d like to take a week break
  • I don’t need a break
  • Other
0 voters

Volume 4 Chapter 6

I unintentionally ended up falling a bit behind (just by a week) and I probably won’t catch up until after I’ve finished Summer Cider (which should take less than a week?)

I don’t mind one way or the other whether we take a break

1 Like

Whoops! I just realized I made a draft last week but didn’t actually post the link to the next chapter, sorry :sweat_smile:

Volume 4 Chapter 7

Volume 4 Chapter 8

3 Likes

Volume 4 Chapter 9

1 Like

Volume 4 Chapter 10

2 Likes

Volume 4 Chapter 11

☕ 夜カフェ 4 ☕ Offshoot Book Club Discussion Thread - #18 by Hantsuki

Do you plan to read volume 5 with the club?
  • Yes
  • No, I’m dropping the series
  • Maybe (I might read at my own pace later)

0 voters

When do you want to start volume 5?
  • Immediately after book 4 (May 27)
  • 1 week later (June 3)
  • 2 weeks later (June 10)
  • 3 weeks later (June 17)
  • 4 weeks later (June 24)
  • New idea

0 voters

I probably will read book 5 - I own it already. But I’d like a bit of a gap between books, especially since I’m on a road trip at the moment. (I’ll still be on a road trip after a few weeks, though from 24/6 I’m on a dive boat for a week so can read then.)

1 Like

If we’re the only two reading the next book, I don’t mind starting it when you’re ready! It’ll be nice to catch up on other books. Plus it might feel more refreshing to pick up the series after a nice long break. (^^)

1 Like

Volume 4 Chapter 12 (END)

As it stands now, we’ll be taking a month break before moving to volume 5. We’ll officially start reading again on June 24th. Our readership has really dropped :laughing:but I am actually surprised we’ve gotten this far!

We’ve still got a ways to go before we’re even halfway into the series, so if anyone wants to join in at any point, feel free to voice your interests and participate in the polls! I’m always willing to slow down so new readers can catch up!

2 Likes

The start date for volume 5 kinda snuck up out me, but I’m glad I didn’t forget about it! We’re supposed to start the next book from this Saturday, so I’ve started a tentative reading schedule and will update it in the first post shortly.

@Cathm2 and anyone else who wants to join in: just checking if you still want to start in the next few days or if you want to push back the start date a bit?

I know a couple other clubs started books last week and this upcoming Saturday, so if you want to allocate more time for them, let me know! :slight_smile:

Edit: If we continue our pace of one chapter a week, we would finish by September 2. (Warning: I may or may not be around to post weekly update reminders since my baby’s due date is in the middle of September. But it shouldn’t be too big of a problem since we don’t have many readers and all discussion will stay on one thread.)

Edit 2: Volume 5 discussion thread is up!

3 Likes